Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money/ Locked CR/ Interesting

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

GE Money/ Locked CR/ Interesting

A week ago I tried to get CLIs.  I got one from Walmart then denied for my other GE accounts.

Odd thing 1.

I got several letters telling me I was denied because of my Equifax report.

I even got a letter explaining why I was denied an increase for Walmart, which I had not been.  The Walmart letter said I was denied for insufficient experience at my current credit line.  OoooooK, mind you.. they gave me a $75.00 CLI

Really Odd thing 2

Tonight, after applying for a Best Buy account, I found out that my Equifax report had been locked since this summer when I canceled the service.  How then did GE based a CLI decision on a locked CR?

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Money/ Locked CR/ Interesting

What do you mean by locked?

If you mean frozen, then current creditor is allowed to see your report.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 6
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Thanks,

Then that makes sense. You can have your credit report locked to keep any ole shmo from requesting a credit report on you.  I guess it all makes sense, if what you are saying is true, that even with the lock GE would be able to access my Equifax report.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 6
wmarat
Valued Contributor

That's correct

@Changingmantra wrote:

Thanks,

Then that makes sense. You can have your credit report locked to keep any ole shmo from requesting a credit report on you.  I guess it all makes sense, if what you are saying is true, that even with the lock GE would be able to access my Equifax report.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you did cancell your EQ montering service over the summer it became unlocked the minute you cancelled your service.
Message 5 of 6
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

It was locked when I called Equifax last night.  I had it temporarily unlocked.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.