Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money likes me!

tag
jdsays
Contributor

GE Money likes me!

Started rebuilding about a year ago.  Started with Orchard and Capital One...then got a few gas/store cards.  GEMB approved me for Old Navy ($200) and then Walmart in November ($600).  Then today I got brave and applied for an Amazon Store Card, as I shop on there weekly.  I was approved with a $1300 limit!    Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kidkind2003
Established Member

Re: GE Money likes me!

Nice sounds like your building your mix up. I just started on the orchard, cap one route myself. Hope the good luck continues for you.

Started the Rebuild in 2009 all 400’s with a First Premier.
2018 = All 700’s with 200 K revolving ,1 percent Utility. Trying to curb my Amex addictionsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well they dont like me that much but I took a chance since i have an American Eagle card with a $150 limit and they have the request increase button.  I've been a loyal and great customer... they upped me to $300!  Every bit counts.

We only use the card for christmas, use the coupons and then pay it off. 

Although they still wont give me a Walmart card and we are loyal shoppers there now! 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdsays wrote:

Started rebuilding about a year ago.  Started with Orchard and Capital One...then got a few gas/store cards.  GEMB approved me for Old Navy ($200) and then Walmart in November ($600).  Then today I got brave and applied for an Amazon Store Card, as I shop on there weekly.  I was approved with a $1300 limit!    Smiley Happy

If you're trying to build up a bit and lower util, try pottery barn charge.  I was getting similar limits as you from GEMB, and pottery barn gave me 4k.

Message 4 of 5
jdsays
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jdsays wrote:

If you're trying to build up a bit and lower util, try pottery barn charge.  I was getting similar limits as you from GEMB, and pottery barn gave me 4k.

WOW! Thanks for the tip I might try that, it would tempt me to shop there more which might not be good! Lol

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.