Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE On Point As Usual

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Re: GE On Point As Usual

Yes it's low but I would use it. I would make small purchases and pay online before the statement cuts online. I'd pay as soon as the charge posts actually. This way you never end up with UTL issues and it shows usage. It will grow I promise. Your CR might need to age a bit/improve before you see the love but I think it would be worth the wait.
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 11 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:
Yes it's low but I would use it. I would make small purchases and pay online before the statement cuts online. I'd pay as soon as the charge posts actually. This way you never end up with UTL issues and it shows usage. It will grow I promise. Your CR might need to age a bit/improve before you see the love but I think it would be worth the wait.

Eh...

I see what your saying. I feel like that card is holding me down as far as CLI's for other cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 27
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Maybe but I doubt it. I really think GE will grow with you. I also think that most banks issue new accounts/limits based on your score. I know the automated systems can approve a CL instantly online if the applier meets preset requirements. For example the computer says CR score=650-675 CL to start =2000. I wouldn't worry to much about CLs and how much that affects CLs or CLIs
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 13 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:
Maybe but I doubt it. I really think GE will grow with you. I also think that most banks issue new accounts/limits based on your score. I know the automated systems can approve a CL instantly online if the applier meets preset requirements. For example the computer says CR score=650-675 CL to start =2000. I wouldn't worry to much about CLs and how much that affects CLs or CLIs

Well they got 1 more shot to show luv, or I may have to excerise my chop chop clause in their contract!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 27
frogfan12
Established Contributor

If the JCP card is not being used, there is no justification for a CL. This has been going on for months and quite honestly there never will be a CL on any of those cards if they're not used. GE likes usage, not whine-age about a lack of a good CL. Also, the scores need to be higher (IMO/E) if a CL is being requested. Just my two cents.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 15 of 27
jwduke
Regular Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
not sure how to handle my GE accounts, no luv whatsoever from them. i use my walmart card plenty. I refuse to use the JCP card with a $150 CL on principal alone. my credit deserves better.

Is your overall UTL high?

Hey, I have a $120 limit on my JCP card! But I have a $4000 CL on Paypal M/C, $5000 CL on my Bomgaars card, & 4500 CL on a HOM card, all thru GEMB.....

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 27
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Does JCP do SP for CLI?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 17 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

If the JCP card is not being used, there is no justification for a CL. This has been going on for months and quite honestly there never will be a CL on any of those cards if they're not used. GE likes usage, not whine-age about a lack of a good CL. Also, the scores need to be higher (IMO/E) if a CL is being requested. Just my two cents.

I don't recall asking for negative comments. I'm fully aware of how CLI's and GE work. I've made purchases on the card. Do I heavily utilize it? No. But I would use it more with a better line.

And IMO, my scores will be just fine for an increase. Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 27
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

I don't recall asking for negative comments. I'm fully aware of how CLI's and GE work. I've made purchases on the card. Do I heavily utilize it? No. But I would use it more with a better line.

And IMO, my scores will be just fine for an increase. Thanks! Smiley Happy

It's not a negative comment, just statement of the truth. Everytime someone mentions GE, certain comments (or complaints rather) are made about this $150 CL. But I'm just going to keep my mouth closed. #thatisall

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 19 of 27
adavis425
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
not sure how to handle my GE accounts, no luv whatsoever from them. i use my walmart card plenty. I refuse to use the JCP card with a $150 CL on principal alone. my credit deserves better.

LS2982, I have  had the same issue with them. No luv at all!! Card opened in 1998 with a $124 cl. I simply would not use it. So a week ago I called for CLI and was upped to $388. That's ridiculous. Today I received a letter saying they did not have enough info to form a score. What??  I'm still not going to use it. If it weren't my oldest account, I would close it...just on principle.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.