Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE PP: Minimum Time From Acct. Opening to CLI Request

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GE PP: Minimum Time From Acct. Opening to CLI Request

Seeing all the recent success stories with GE CLIs, I'd like to see mine go from $5k to $10k also.  Problem is that I only opened this account a month ago.  Should I dare call for a CLI?  All things being equal, is there a reasonable chance they'd say yes or is having only one month on the card a non-starter?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: GE PP: Minimum Time From Acct. Opening to CLI Request

it's a non-starter. Provided there is usage on the card and low utilization on all of your cards you stand a good chance of a nice increase after four statements have cut.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OhioCPA wrote:

it's a non-starter. Provided there is usage on the card and low utilization on all of your cards you stand a good chance of a nice increase after four statements have cut.

Thanks!  I should have guessed doubling my CL after only 30 days was just wishful thinking.  I'll just have to be patient.

Message 3 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I was successful on Monday in getting a Dillards American Express that was opened on Thursday up to 5000 from 1200. The lady didn't mention anything about the account being so new, she just went ahead and processed it. I was also able to get two credit limit increases(2500-5000, 5000-10000) on an Amazon store card within two months. I spoke with the same lady both times and again, she mentioned nothing about just getting an increase the previous month. If you go through regular customer service (I do), you will get declined by the system. After that, just ask if you can speak to someone about it and they will transfer you over.

Message 4 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Just curious which GE card do you have?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I was successful on Monday in getting a Dillards American Express that was opened on Thursday up to 5000 from 1200. The lady didn't mention anything about the account being so new, she just went ahead and processed it. I was also able to get two credit limit increases(2500-5000, 5000-10000) on an Amazon store card within two months. I spoke with the same lady both times and again, she mentioned nothing about just getting an increase the previous month. If you go through regular customer service (I do), you will get declined by the system. After that, just ask if you can speak to someone about it and they will transfer you over.

Thanks!  That's nice to hear.  Now if I weren't such a chicken about calling ... .  Smiley Embarassed

Message 6 of 7
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

It's possible, just depends on how good your credit is.

See my old thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Walmart-Discover-approved-amp-initial-CL-recon-success-...

I recon'd my initial credit limit of 1,300 -- got it increased to 10,000.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.