cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE/Synch rant again!! Holding payments?? WTH!

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: GE/Synch rant again!! Holding payments?? WTH!

I've always paid on GE's website for my cards and never had a problem with them posting a payment in like a day or two though I will look into doing bill pay directly from my bank account in the future if that's faster. Available credit always gets immediately changed to reflect the payment on certain GE accounts for me.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 17
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I do not want to jack the thread but after 3 payments in a 30 day period, Navy starts holding payments for 7 days.

Message 12 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

I do not want to jack the thread but after 3 payments in a 30 day period, Navy starts holding payments for 7 days.

Yup! True story. Happened to me recently. I was like WTH?? Now I know how they roll. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 17
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Frankly, ANY creditor can and will hold payments when they feel the need to do so.

I use many (many) of GE's websites to make payments every month, they always post in 24-48 hours or so, I've never had a hold.

That being said, that doesn't mean that they cant.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 14 of 17
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I talked to a guy from NFCU he said the best way is to setup your checking account in external accounts and do a transfer on their website to the credit card opposed to using your banks bill pay. I have started the process of switching my deposit accounts to Navy since I now have two eligibility avenues, I feel safe enough doing it.

Message 15 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I'm seriously done with freaking GE/Synch. Besides their worthless frontline CSR's, and even more worthless Credit solutions department, they are of no help to me. So, I use all 5 of my cards every month , and turn around and pif same day, never carry balances, but all their cards see action monthly. Do I get any love from them for being loyal and giving them action? HELL NO!! No CLI for me at all on any of them, citing the same BS, bK, etc... Whatever... Sock drawer they ALL go!!!!!

Now...I've been checking my GAP account online the past 5 days like I do daily, and it shows my 2 purchases and 2 payments, $0 balance, BUT available credit it $161. I call CS and they said they are holding my last payment of $38 to make sure it clears the bank. Wow!! Really?? I freaking came unglued on her!!!!! I've had the account for what... 8 months now?? Have you ever received nonnpayment from me, or my bank decline a payment from me?? She's says no, it's their policy. They can hold for up to 10 days. So, let me get this straight.... You didn't hold my last payment of $116, but you held this one for $38 for a week? I told her to immediately release that hold, my bank dispersed the funds 5 days ago to them. She did, and apologized, saying my full $200 was now available to shop with! Oh goody!!!!She acted like she was doing me this HUGE favor by telling me I had a whole $200 now to shop with! I told her I have over $15000 available to shop with and certainly won't be with this card now. 

ill see how I feel at the end of the day. That will decide if all 5 accts get closed or not . GrrrrrrrrrrrrrSmiley Sad

Just an aside that I'm sure you don't want to hear, but taking it out on the poor CSR is never called for because #1 they can note it on your file and that won’t help you in the future #2 it’s not the CSR that sets policy, it’s the corporate rules and the poor CSR gets yelled at all day every day for something he/she has no control over (and) #3 If the CSR has any discretion "rising Cain" won't help your cause.

I work in an office that has the public calling all day every day and everyone in the back office takes phone calls when the front is over run - very very few constituents call to tell us what a fine job we are doing - most call to react to some wacked out website "news story" and rant on and on, many times with less than "polite" language.

Credit is a privledge, it's not a right and I've been through a rebuild or two so I understand your frustration. Cards that refuse to grow (for me they were all Capital One (4, including Sony and a HSBC convert) and various Comenity Bank cards (4), I just closed. Today I have Capital One Signature cards and 1 high limit Comenity Bank Visa.

FWIW....

Message 16 of 17
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Here is what happened to me: I got the Care Care One Card first. For the the first 3 statements they held the available credit. After that and when I got my Ashley Card, they usually posted and have it out of my account withing about 3 days. Still slow, but faster than they were at first. Now if you want to talk about getting a CLI, that apparently is never going to happen with them.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.