Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE/Synchrony CLI

tag
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

Re: GE/Synchrony CLI

You can view the differences I was referring to here. I also placed a red box around the 'Request Increase' text

ge_1.jpg

ge_2.jpg

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 11 of 18
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@B335is wrote:

GE only gave me auto-CLI once and it was on Amazon right before the 4th statement cut.  All other increases were done through Credit Solutions.  I try not to bother them more than every 4 months - lately I've been limiting it to 10-12 months.

I received an auto-cli without knowing but they only gave me $100, strange. I have only had the cards for 3 months. The third statement just cut for each and the cli was listed. I was going to request at the 4th statement like advised here on the boards  but am wondering should I wait until the next 3 months. They gave me an increase when my CU was high due to the holidays.

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 12 of 18
hsspres
Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

I received an auto-cli without knowing but they only gave me $100, strange. I have only had the cards for 3 months. The third statement just cut for each and the cli was listed. I was going to request at the 4th statement like advised here on the boards  but am wondering should I wait until the next 3 months. They gave me an increase when my CU was high due to the holidays.

I also recevied a $100 cli after 3 months, I tried the love button after the 4th statement.  Was declined for something like "not enough time at current credit level", so it would appear to me, it's 4 months after your last cli.

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 13 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

For me I did what everyone says not to do I reported a balance every statement. I started with a $700 store card. It's my belief iit's built into their algorithm. I don't score chase because my home and vehicles are paid for. It probably isn't the right thing to do but it hasn't been a problem for me showing I use my cards to computers.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 14 of 18
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

For me I did what everyone says not to do I reported a balance every statement. I started with a $700 store card. It's my belief iit's built into their algorithm. I don't score chase because my home and vehicles are paid for. It probably isn't the right thing to do but it hasn't been a problem for me showing I use my cards to computers.

Same here! I reported a balance. Do you still have the store card or do you only have the MC? I think they want to see some type of up and an down, at times but hey I am only a newbie here.  I started with a $800 store card and now it is at $900 and my 4th statement has not cut yet. We shall see!

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 15 of 18
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

I got a strange answer in December when I requested a CLI online on my Walmart store card. "Sorry for the inconvenience but that action cannot be performed online."  My previous increase (online request) was in July and I've had the card 18 years.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reighn9 wrote:

I got a strange answer in December when I requested a CLI online on my Walmart store card. "Sorry for the inconvenience but that action cannot be performed online."  My previous increase (online request) was in July and I've had the card 18 years.

Speaking about strange, on December 2nd I got an auto increase on my Amazon store card from 300 to 900. Yesterday I get an email dated January 12 (yesterday's date) saying "Congratulations! We are increasing your line of credit from $300 to $900."

Almost six weeks after they did it I finally get an email letting me know they were going to do it. 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Speaking about strange, on December 2nd I got an auto increase on my Amazon store card from 300 to 900. Yesterday I get an email dated January 12 (yesterday's date) saying "Congratulations! We are increasing your line of credit from $300 to $900."

Almost six weeks after they did it I finally get an email letting me know they were going to do it. 

Synchrony is slow like that.  I remember my first auto-CLI on my Walmart card.  I got the increase in June and they emailed me in August telling me I got auto-luv'ed

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.