cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE / Transunion

tag
AXMCVI

GE / Transunion

Does GE always pull TransUnion only?  Has anyone ever  had the other 2  pulled for a GE product.  It really sucks that inquiries are not spread around all 3 credit bureaus. GE is almost everywhere now. Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: GE / Transunion

Not always but usually. My SonyCard is GE and they pulled EX. I believe they pull EX for CareCredit too.
Message 2 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@AXMCVI wrote:

Does GE always pull TransUnion only?  Has anyone ever  had the other 2  pulled for a GE product.  It really sucks that inquiries are not spread around all 3 credit bureaus. GE is almost everywhere now. Thanks

GE primarily pulls TU. Outside of retail accounts tho (CareCredit, bankcards, etc) they will pull others as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 13
boomhower
Valued Contributor

As others have mentioned it's primarily TU but occationally hit Experian or Equifax as well.  I've not known them to pull two though. 

Message 4 of 13
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Its good GE pull TU

everyone else friking pulls EX...

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 5 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I thought the Sony Visa was Capital One?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I thought the Sony Visa was Capital One?

Nope it is GE. 

Sooo want it but have to stay garden strong!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 13
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Oddly enough, when I apped for Walmart Store Card, they pulled EX. I assumed they would pull TU that's why I had applied, because the day before I apped for Chase and they pulled ex so I thought I would be evening out my Inq, but nooooooo GE got me with the EX sucker punch.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 8 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

Oddly enough, when I apped for Walmart Store Card, they pulled EX. I assumed they would pull TU that's why I had applied, because the day before I apped for Chase and they pulled ex so I thought I would be evening out my Inq, but nooooooo GE got me with the EX sucker punch.

And there lies the YMMV........Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 13
josie
Regular Contributor

Sony Visa card is Capital one. There is a Sony (store card) that is by GE.
Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.