Established Contributor
texasman07

GE Upgrade Question

How long does it take for GE to close your gap store and merge with Gap Visa?  I have had the VISA for a week and the statement just cut on both cards.  So now I have to pay the store card and the VISA card.  Both accounts are still open with and active credit line. 

Amex Delta Gold $1000.00 CL; Discover $1000.00 CL; Gap Visa $4500.00 CL; AE Visa 4000.00 CL; Cap1 Quicksilver $2000.00; Walmart DISCOVER $4,000.00; Sam's Club Discover $8500.00; Barclay's Rewards MC $2000; CITIBank Dividend Platinum $300.00 CL; AMEX Green NPSL; Wells Fargo Rewards VISA $3,000.00 CL; Barclays US Airways Platinum MC $4000.00 CL; BOA Amex $1000.00 CL.

Established Contributor
TiggerDat

Re: GE Upgrade Question

texasman07 wrote:

How long does it take for GE to close your gap store and merge with Gap Visa?  I have had the VISA for a week and the statement just cut on both cards.  So now I have to pay the store card and the VISA card.  Both accounts are still open with and active credit line. 

I don't have this card, but if they don't close it don't worry.  With the two accounts it will make your score better over time.  If they do combine it that will retain the AAoA, hopefully if they report it properly, and that will help your score stay what it is.  The Visa card has a bigger impact on your score than a department store card.  The two accounts separate will lower your utilization which is also good.

Grow little seedling grow.

Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+