Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Upgrade for GAP

tag
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

GE Upgrade for GAP

Not exactly "new" news for many folk, but excited when I went to check my GAP account, and they had an offer to upgrade to the VISA version...that, and with a $2000 CLI. Not too shabby! : ) I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact I run a considerable amount through the store card ; )

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: GE Upgrade for GAP

@Dagansinferno wrote:

Not exactly "new" news for many folk, but excited when I went to check my GAP account, and they had an offer to upgrade to the VISA version...that, and with a $2000 CLI. Not too shabby! : ) I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact I run a considerable amount through the store card ; )

CONGRATS!!!

I'm still waiting for an upgrade offer on my ON and Walmart accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 12
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Very nice! I hope my Walmart CC gets upgraded one day

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 3 of 12
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

Thanks! I'm not holding my breath for the Walmart one...considering I just got it last month. : ) But, the way GE has treated me so far, I'm very happy. I did have one "bleh" experience when I called for my first CLI, but I tried again and all was good. I was initially approved for a $400 Walmart card, then recon'd to a $800 CL. Too bad all CC companies can't be similar to GE and AMEX : )

Message 4 of 12
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I've only had mine a month also so I know nothing will happen anytime soon. I did rcv a SP CLI on my JCPenney account from 1200 to 1700, so that was pretty cool. I It was at my 4th statement.  Will try with Walmart in September.

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 5 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

How does GE handle PC from store GAP to GAP VISA credit report wise?  Is store card closed and new account for VISA opened?  So basically you take FICO hit for new account.  Or does it transfer the history of store GAP to GAP VISA (ie gap visa gets open date of store gap).

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 12
Dagansinferno
Valued Member

I'm not sure yet. I don't know if it's different for each person, or there's a "set process." I'll be receiving my card in 7-10, and I'll let you know in the next month how it reports. Right now, when I log-in it shows two accounts. But, I think that's only because I haven't activated the VISA. I think after it's activated, then they might close the GAP store card, etc? I'm interested to know too. I'm not a big fan of the slight hit to my CR, but the $2000 CLI might offset some of the blow...  Smiley Happy

@Crashem wrote:

How does GE handle PC from store GAP to GAP VISA credit report wise?  Is store card closed and new account for VISA opened?  So basically you take FICO hit for new account.  Or does it transfer the history of store GAP to GAP VISA (ie gap visa gets open date of store gap).

Message 7 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Interesting.  Dagan definitely let me know.  I am very curious.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 12
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

it reports as 2 cards...mine is a store card and visa..

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 9 of 12
learnin113
Established Contributor

@bamagirl1 wrote:

it reports as 2 cards...mine is a store card and visa..

Yes, but the store card reports as closed.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.