Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Walmart Love!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

GE Walmart Love!

So as some of you read in my post about GE increasing my Paypal Smart Connect and i had called minutes later and tried for walmart and was denied I tried again....

I first dialed in to the automated system and went from $3,000 to $3,300 and i was like ok lets see what credit solutions says....

So i called in and i actually didn't call my usual number i called 1 - 800 - 480 - 0205 and got a nice guy.... i actually think he was in the States cuz he didn't have a foreign accent,  I asked for a manual review on my walmart card to see if he could give me more than the automated system I asked for $5,000 and he asked the usual info and he asked for the full social as Discover did.... must be a new verification measure that banks are asking for the full social instead of the last 4 and he placed me on hold and he came back and said he was able to approve me for the full amount! Smiley Very Happy

Since GE asked for a full social i hope it was a soft pull as always as i forgot to ask? i guess i'll find out in a few days if i get an alert from Credit Karma or Discover Idenity Theft Protection.

Maybe I should have asked for $6,000 but i figure i would ask for slightly lower and have a better shot and i was right! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: GE Walmart Love!

Message 2 of 10
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Congrats nice increase!

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 3 of 10
linux007969
Established Contributor

Thanks! 3 increases in 1 week is Amazing!

Adding my cards up i'm currently sitting at $18,800 in available credit which at this time is more than i know what to do with. Gotta be careful, Closing Amazon somtime soon will bring me down to $17,000 which is still alot but i like it! Makes me feel awesome! I will feel even awesome-er when all the inquaries fall off in 2015  Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 4 of 10
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Why close it if it doesnt have an AF.... Will grow with you. just put in the SD.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 5 of 10
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats! That is a nice limit.
Message 6 of 10
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!  You're on a roll.

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 7 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts you're on a roll

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Nice jump! Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 9 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.