Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Walmart card question...

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

GE Walmart card question...

So I got my card in the mail, activated it, and headed down to Walmart to use it. When I got home, I attempted to pay it off. It just would not let me pay it. It has today's purchase as pending, but yet I read on here that people are paying off their Walmart purchases immediately. Will someone please shed some light on this for me?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart card question...

@Swapmeet wrote:

So I got my card in the mail, activated it, and headed down to Walmart to use it. When I got home, I attempted to pay it off. It just would not let me pay it. It has today's purchase as pending, but yet I read on here that people are paying off their Walmart purchases immediately. Will someone please shed some light on this for me?

Pay at the register. The payment will postt before the charge.  Also, you can push payment from your bank account bill payer. Smiley Happy. Good Luck!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 20
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

You can pay your credit card at the register?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 20
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Yep. Just tell the cashier you wish to pay your bill and they will take payment at the register. Also, they have a kiosk that takes payment in most of their customer service centers.

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 20
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Just got declined for this card yesterday :/ Just a reminder that I have some work to do. I have some secured cards that won't let me pay until posting either.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 20
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't mean to beat this to death, but how can you pay at the register if the payment is pending on the card? I only ask because I am going to max the card out on a TV tomorrow or the next day, and I would like to know for sure that I can pay it off right away at the register. Thanks in advance.

My Wallet:
Message 6 of 20
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

your best bet is to push the payment from your online bill pay using your checking account.  at most it takes 2 days

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 7 of 20
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't mean to beat this to death, but how can you pay at the register if the payment is pending on the card? I only ask because I am going to max the card out on a TV tomorrow or the next day, and I would like to know for sure that I can pay it off right away at the register. Thanks in advance.

Hey Swapmeet!

Just go up to the register and tell them you wish to pay on your account.  There is nothing more then that to it.  Even if you have a pending charge, the payment will be taken.  if you dis-trust this, next time you are at Wally World, make a payment on a zero balance for the heck of it for $5.00 and see what results. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Hey Swapmeet!

Just go up to the register and tell them you wish to pay on your account.  There is nothing more then that to it.  Even if you have a pending charge, the payment will be taken.  if you dis-trust this, next time you are at Wally World, make a payment on a zero balance for the heck of it for $5.00 and see what results. Smiley Happy

Thanks IMC! I am going to try it. I will just go for the television set and max it out. I will try and pay the pending charge at the register immediately after I put the TV on my walmart card.... I will literally swipe the walmart card and before she can even hand me the receipt, I will tell her that I would like to make a payment on my card. I literally read that someone else did this just today. Worst case scenario, I have to wait a couple days to pay it off -- hopefully it doesn't happen to be the last day of the billing cycle...lol. Thank you for your time and thoughtful replies guys.

Swap

My Wallet:
Message 9 of 20
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

do they take check? lol or is only cash posted right away? current balance is 245 from some shopping planning on pif anyway payment due date is 12/25 yea right. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.