cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Walmart card question...

Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart card question...


creditnocash wrote:

do they take check? lol or is only cash posted right away? current balance is 245 from some shopping planning on pif anyway payment due date is 12/25 yea right. 


lol, I don't know. Of course, I have two checking accounts and no checks. I just don't have much use for checks anymore, it's 2012  -- practically 2013!



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 20
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart card question...


Swapmeet wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

do they take check? lol or is only cash posted right away? current balance is 245 from some shopping planning on pif anyway payment due date is 12/25 yea right. 


lol, I don't know. Of course, I have two checking accounts and no checks. I just don't have much use for checks anymore, it's 2012  -- practically 2013!


luckily when people pay at retail stores they cant see your balance/limits at least at best buy. 

 

i feel like a bum coming in paying 250 in cash on a card. 

when people come to the bank i can see everything, so hence why i usually pay everything online. 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Message 12 of 20
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart card question...


creditnocash wrote:

Swapmeet wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

do they take check? lol or is only cash posted right away? current balance is 245 from some shopping planning on pif anyway payment due date is 12/25 yea right. 


lol, I don't know. Of course, I have two checking accounts and no checks. I just don't have much use for checks anymore, it's 2012  -- practically 2013!


luckily when people pay at retail stores they cant see your balance/limits at least at best buy. 

 

i feel like a bum coming in paying 250 in cash on a card. 

when people come to the bank i can see everything, so hence why i usually pay everything online. 


Oh really? I didn't know that. That is good, to me. I don't like the idea of employees of stores looking at my balances and limits--probably snickering and making fun to the other cashiers in the break room....lol. I'm really not that insecure. Hell I am posting those details publicly on the internet Smiley Tongue



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 13 of 20
Contributor

Re: GE Walmart card question...

Can I do the same thing on a Macys card if I was to order online and then next day go into a Macy's and pay the bill?

 


Starting Score 11/2012 EQ: 615
Current Score 3/19/2014 EQ: 687
Current Score 3/19/2014 TU: 694


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge Discover IT $4500 Citi Simplicity Chase Freedom $3000 Cap 1 QS $1500 Cap 1 $300 Macy's $1500 Buckel $550 VS $500 Brylane Home $1000
Message 14 of 20
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart card question...


Sneekn4u wrote:

Can I do the same thing on a Macys card if I was to order online and then next day go into a Macy's and pay the bill?

 


I am not sure, maybe someone with a Macy's card will answer that one. While they are at it, they can answer this question: Is it true that I can pay my Walmart account at the register -- with some other credit card? Or do I have to use a debit card? And, Does it just show up as a purchase on my statement?

 



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 15 of 20
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart card question...


Sneekn4u wrote:

Can I do the same thing on a Macys card if I was to order online and then next day go into a Macy's and pay the bill?

 


yes macy's accepts payment at the register. 

 

my grandmother pays that way since she doesnt own a computer =)

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Message 16 of 20
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart card question...


Swapmeet wrote:

Sneekn4u wrote:

Can I do the same thing on a Macys card if I was to order online and then next day go into a Macy's and pay the bill?

 


I am not sure, maybe someone with a Macy's card will answer that one. While they are at it, they can answer this question: Is it true that I can pay my Walmart account at the register -- with some other credit card? Or do I have to use a debit card? And, Does it just show up as a purchase on my statement?

 


You will likely need to pay as: cash, credit, or debit. Almost all stores will not except a credit card. Working at JCP and having a GE backed card like Walmart, the way around credit card payments for the credit card was to purchase a gift card and put it through. Now, we no longer accept gift cards for payments because of that reason! Hope that helps!


Quicksilver WMC $20k | JCPenney Platinum $10k | Drive for Five $800 | Freedom VS $5k | TD Cash VS $5k | CFU VS $14.8k | Blue Sky $13.7k | IT $28k | SavingStar $14.8k | BCE $11.3k | Macy's AMEX $7.2k | BuyPower WEMC $7.5k | CSR VI $13.3k | Diamond Preferred $6.5k FICOS: EX 775 EQ 764 TU 759 VantageScore 3.0: EX 759 EQ 757 TU 762
Message 17 of 20
Established Member

Re: GE Walmart card question...

I've made a purchase before on my card. Then turned right around and made a payment for that amount in cash. Worked just fine for me. When I've done the online payment they purchase had already posted, then I paid online. 

Message 18 of 20
Established Member

Re: GE Walmart card question...

I don't understand the point in this....why not just use the cash or debit? 

 

If you pay it before it posts it won't show any activity will it? Are you all just doing this to run money through the card to show that you are using it? 

 

Thought it was good to let cards post at 10-15% of the limit and then pay in full. 

Message 19 of 20
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart card question...


kbl7td wrote:

I don't understand the point in this....why not just use the cash or debit? 

 

If you pay it before it posts it won't show any activity will it? Are you all just doing this to run money through the card to show that you are using it? 

 

Thought it was good to let cards post at 10-15% of the limit and then pay in full. 


The Idea is to show the card issuer that a). I use the card. b) I pay in full before the statement even gets generated. You are right about the fact that It won't show any activity on my credit report -- other than high balance, if that. I am not doing it for anything to show others on my CR. I am doing it so that walmart (GE) sees me using the card responsibly and grants me higher credit limits. The higher credit limits will be the proof to other credit card companies that I use credit responsibly as well as giving any new credit cards an indicator of where to start my credit limit. Higher credit limits bring more higher limits. 

As for paying my walmart  bill with my usaa platinum mc, I would be able to put the TV on my walmart card, then immediately pay it off with the usaa card (giving me cash back rewards), then pay all but 10 bucks off on my usaa card -- thus showing usaa that I use credit responsibly and am credit worthy, which can set up credit limit increases with them. So I spend the same amount as I was going to anyway, but move the money through a couple different accounts-- a slight version of making your money work for you. I hope that makes sense.

 

Swap

 



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 20 of 20