Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Walmart soft limit cap

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

GE Walmart soft limit cap

Last time I spoke with a GE underwriter, he told me that the normal limit cap on the GE Walmart store card is $6,000. This means that no automated or manually requested CLI can get your limit over this amount. The underwriters can go higher on a per-case basis, but this may explain (A) why some of us couldn't get a manual or auto-CLI over $6,000, and (B) why some people's limits were lowered when upgrading to the Walmart Discover.

Mine was stuck at $6k before I went through underwriting. I would have never known to do this if I hadn't seen everyone else's super-high GE limits on this forum. Personally, I like to know as much about the whole credit process as possible, so I thought you all might find this information interesting.

Does anyone know what the soft caps are on other GE cards?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart soft limit cap

@SwampSystems wrote:

Last time I spoke with a GE underwriter, he told me that the normal limit cap on the GE Walmart store card is $6,000. This means that no automated or manually requested CLI can get your limit over this amount. The underwriters can go higher on a per-case basis, but this may explain (A) why some of us couldn't get a manual or auto-CLI over $6,000, and (B) why some people's limits were lowered when upgrading to the Walmart Discover.

Mine was stuck at $6k before I went through underwriting. I would have never known to do this if I hadn't seen everyone else's super-high GE limits on this forum. Personally, I like to know as much about the whole credit process as possible, so I thought you all might find this information interesting.

another forum member posted they got to 10k with a soft pull. 

im currently at 5k so i cant say i wouldnt be able too. 

in a few months ill ask for another cli. 

and ill ask for 8k 

its a store card. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 12
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

and ill ask for 8k 

its a store card. 

I went from 5k to 10K with a soft pull but that is not what the OP is talking about.  Every Walmart CLI attemt is a soft pull.  He is talking about getting over 6k without talking to underwriting. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

and ill ask for 8k 

its a store card. 

I went from 5k to 10K with a soft pull but that is not what the OP is talking about.  Every Walmart CLI attemt is a soft pull.  He is talking about getting over 6k without talking to underwriting. 

ok i got you. 

yeah i went 800 to 3k without uw. 

for the 5k i called the back door number though. 

just curious flow whats your income. im kind of weary of asking for a 10k limit with a 32k income.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I got 5k store card. I hope they offer Discover soon and put me at 6k Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 5 of 12
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

If you need/want a $6000.00 credit line for Walmart, somethings wrong.  Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

@mtrsprt wrote:

If you need/want a $6000.00 credit line for Walmart, somethings wrong.  Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

It helps with overall util if one is carrying balances on other cards.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 12
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I just went from $1500 to 5k with U/W. Hoping to go to 10k in march. I've seen several members and people I know with greater than 6k on their Wal-Mart card , so hopefully 6k is not the cap . Also the additional credit is great for utilization purposes.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 12
gettnthere
Established Contributor

My bad I just read the entire thread lol. I'm not sure about caps but I'm up too 3.5k on my AE card. Before that it was only 550. Let's see how high I can get it on the next round of increases lol

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 12
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

@mtrsprt wrote:

Smiley LOL Maybe 2k tops

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.