Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

GE Walmart soft limit cap

Last time I spoke with a GE underwriter, he told me that the normal limit cap on the GE Walmart store card is $6,000. This means that no automated or manually requested CLI can get your limit over this amount. The underwriters can go higher on a per-case basis, but this may explain (A) why some of us couldn't get a manual or auto-CLI over $6,000, and (B) why some people's limits were lowered when upgrading to the Walmart Discover.

Mine was stuck at $6k before I went through underwriting. I would have never known to do this if I hadn't seen everyone else's super-high GE limits on this forum. Personally, I like to know as much about the whole credit process as possible, so I thought you all might find this information interesting.

Does anyone know what the soft caps are on other GE cards?

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

Re: GE Walmart soft limit cap

SwampSystems wrote:

Last time I spoke with a GE underwriter, he told me that the normal limit cap on the GE Walmart store card is $6,000. This means that no automated or manually requested CLI can get your limit over this amount. The underwriters can go higher on a per-case basis, but this may explain (A) why some of us couldn't get a manual or auto-CLI over $6,000, and (B) why some people's limits were lowered when upgrading to the Walmart Discover.

Mine was stuck at $6k before I went through underwriting. I would have never known to do this if I hadn't seen everyone else's super-high GE limits on this forum. Personally, I like to know as much about the whole credit process as possible, so I thought you all might find this information interesting.

another forum member posted they got to 10k with a soft pull. 

im currently at 5k so i cant say i wouldnt be able too. 

in a few months ill ask for another cli. 

and ill ask for 8k 

its a store card. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Contributor
flowfaster

creditnocash wrote:

SwampSystems wrote:

and ill ask for 8k 

its a store card. 

I went from 5k to 10K with a soft pull but that is not what the OP is talking about.  Every Walmart CLI attemt is a soft pull.  He is talking about getting over 6k without talking to underwriting. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

flowfaster wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

SwampSystems wrote:

and ill ask for 8k 

its a store card. 

I went from 5k to 10K with a soft pull but that is not what the OP is talking about.  Every Walmart CLI attemt is a soft pull.  He is talking about getting over 6k without talking to underwriting. 

ok i got you. 

yeah i went 800 to 3k without uw. 

for the 5k i called the back door number though. 

just curious flow whats your income. im kind of weary of asking for a 10k limit with a 32k income.

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
armbenderc

I got 5k store card. I hope they offer Discover soon and put me at 6k :smileysurprised:

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Frequent Contributor
mtrsprt

If you need/want a $6000.00 credit line for Walmart, somethings wrong.  Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 748 EQ, 766 EX on 11/13/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Epcot

mtrsprt wrote:

If you need/want a $6000.00 credit line for Walmart, somethings wrong.  Why anyone would want that is beyond me.

It helps with overall util if one is carrying balances on other cards.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Established Contributor
gettnthere

I just went from $1500 to 5k with U/W. Hoping to go to 10k in march. I've seen several members and people I know with greater than 6k on their Wal-Mart card , so hopefully 6k is not the cap . Also the additional credit is great for utilization purposes.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Established Contributor
gettnthere

My bad I just read the entire thread lol. I'm not sure about caps but I'm up too 3.5k on my AE card. Before that it was only 550. Let's see how high I can get it on the next round of increases lol

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
Brian_Trying_700

mtrsprt wrote:

:smileylol: Maybe 2k tops

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}