cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE and Equifax strikes again!!! Cards frozen!!

tag
awiser
Regular Contributor

Re: GE and Equifax strikes again!!! Cards frozen!!

@09Lexie Do you know them all on a personal level by now? LOL.

I'm gonna try to not get spooked by their recent practices and keep in keeping on. However, I don't have the limits others have, either.

Message 31 of 36
awiser
Regular Contributor

Couldn't they review the account and assess the situation without freezing the accounts? Locking up every account for 90 days seems a bit harsh. That alone seems like a punishment while they simply review...

Message 32 of 36
JonStur
Established Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

GE is most likely catching on to CLI chasing due to credit solutions abuse. Sure a 15k limit at Walmart is nice to say you have but do you really need it? They probably are doing this as a precautionary measure to avoid having people default on their accounts.

+1.   I am definitely grateful for GE in my rebuild, but business is business.

(edited - darn typos!)

That would make sense... Maybe someone in finance decided that customers were beginning to overextend themselves through credit solutions.. And now it's time for a correction..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 33 of 36
enharu
Super Contributor

Seems like GE Capital is indeed clamping down. Probably trying to make their financials look better for the upcoming IPO.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 34 of 36
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

So they are making you wait 90 days? Isn't aa with no reason or provision of score illegal?!?
This makes me want to close my GE accts!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 35 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
So they are making you wait 90 days? Isn't aa with no reason or provision of score illegal?!?
This makes me want to close my GE accts!

Probably not illegal, unless it was for prohibited reasons (AA because of race, gender, vet status etc).   I'm sure all the T&Cs explain that your credit record can be evaluated at any time and the line reduced or account closed at the decision of the issuer.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.