Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE cards and reported balances

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

GE cards and reported balances

My Paypal statment cut on the 8th with a 0 balance due next month. I timed it that way so that certain cards reported with a zero balance. Once I saw that the statement cut, I went ahead and used it the very next day. I see that purchase was reported on TU. Every other card that I own will only report the balance as of the time the statement cut. GE seems to report the balance even after that? How long should I wait to use it after the statement cuts to avoid it reporting a balance?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Re: GE cards and reported balances

I think everyone reports different and i know tru takes the longest to update by like 2 days behind the other 2 it seems. But i would contact ge and ask them when they report your account. Everyone is different when they report... some report the day they cut the statement and others do it on certian days of the month. That would be something to call GE to get the answer to so that you know when your balance is reported.

Message 2 of 7
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Darrell82 wrote:

I think everyone reports different and i know tru takes the longest to update by like 2 days behind the other 2 it seems. But i would contact ge and ask them when they report your account. Everyone is different when they report... some report the day they cut the statement and others do it on certian days of the month. That would be something to call GE to get the answer to so that you know when your balance is reported.

@Darrell82 wrote:

I was under the impression what was reported to the bureaus was the balance as of the statement cutting... regardless of when it's reported after it cuts. You learn something new everyday. I'll have to call Credit Solutions. Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 7
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

Be careful.

GE did this to me on my Dillards Amex.

They reported the statement balance then a week later reported the current balance at that time.

Called to ask why, account now shows as disputed on reports.

Asked them why they did this. Answer was we have no idea what you are talking about.

Morons!

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear your disappointment Matt6995.  However, real time reporting has been in the works for GECRB for sometime.  This also is known for Discover and BoA amongst a few.  It is their choice, not yours, to decide when they can submit reporting updates.  They don't take cardholders obsessions with credit scoring or optimization to drive their business model.

Message 5 of 7
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

Dont need your input.

Simply stated to be careful.

Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good morning!

This forum is open to all members to post their opinions and viewpoints. If at anytime, those statements are deemed inappropriate, the post will be dealt with by a Moderator
If in doubt, please feel free to review our User Guidelines.

Thank you,

Lexie, myFICO Moderator
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.