cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE cards. what are ways to not get CLI after the fourth statement cuts?

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: GE cards. what are ways to not get CLI after the fourth statement cuts?

@luckelle wrote:

Sad, just called to get a small increase and no was the answer. Reason will be in the mail. Other card in my name is the lowley capt 1 card. Should have asked what CRA they used to pull credit.

they always pull tu! soft pull that is

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Im so bummed out...tried to get a CLI on my Dillards card after having for 4 months and got shot down...had success with my Walmart card at 3 months and was succesful with them but not Dillards...i have had only 3 statements cut so dont know if that has to do with it...going to wait for the letter and see the reason.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Not everyone gets a CLI every 4 mos., and not everyone gets it in every card. That's a general rule of thumb, but not 100%. 

I got CLIs every 4 mos with my old navy and they upgraded to visa after a year. But Walmart has been totally different. I've gotten 3 CLIs, but most of the requests I've made we're declined. 2 of them were auto-CLIs. It seems that GE likes to do things in their own timing. Some have posted here about not getting CLIs for months and months. There's just no telling. If you don't get it at 4 mos., I'd try again a month or two later, and then a month or two after that I'd you still don't get it. You may find like me, that your requests are denied, but then you get auto-CLIs. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Not everyone gets a CLI every 4 mos., and not everyone gets it in every card. That's a general rule of thumb, but not 100%. 

I got CLIs every 4 mos with my old navy and they upgraded to visa after a year. But Walmart has been totally different. I've gotten 3 CLIs, but most of the requests I've made we're declined. 2 of them were auto-CLIs. It seems that GE likes to do things in their own timing. Some have posted here about not getting CLIs for months and months. There's just no telling. If you don't get it at 4 mos., I'd try again a month or two later, and then a month or two after that I'd you still don't get it. You may find like me, that your requests are denied, but then you get auto-CLIs. 

thanks for the info...its weird cuz after having my Walmart card for 3 months i got a CLI from 600 to 2000...with Dillards im stuck at 300 and was hoping to get some kind of increase for holiday shopping but i guess all of my shopping will be with Macys (got a CLI to 2500!) Reallly cannot buy much with a 300 limit at Dillards.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 14 of 15
luckelle
Regular Contributor

It would seem from all the replies about CLIs that your account with the card agencies are coded. Some how you are given a risk factored to ypu which affects how you get CLIs. Just my thought, maybe someone knows better. It just looks like a pattern to me.

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.