Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE has left a bad taste in my mouth

tag
Simply827
Established Contributor

GE has left a bad taste in my mouth

So I got a PayPal Extras MC at the beginning of last month. Today marks the 2nd time they've shut down my card for a fraud alert. And today I wasn't even notified about it. I had to find out by being declined twice at the register.

Yes I use the card heavily, for my daily spend and monthly bills. But I really don't think I'm spending that much for them to be so skittish. I aksed to speak with a supervisor about why this kept happening and it was a bunch of "I don't knows." Once I get my Chase/Discover, PPMC will no longer be my daily card. 

Ironically the decline came as my mom was telling me about reading online about how crappy the CS for the PayPal card. As I was like no, the people on MyFico laud GE. Salty I am. Where's all this luv y'all keep talking about??

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
ButterflyT
Established Member

Re: GE has left a bad taste in my mouth

@Simply827 wrote:

So I got a PayPal Extras MC at the beginning of last month. Today marks the 2nd time they've shut down my card for a fraud alert. And today I wasn't even notified about it. I had to find out by being declined twice at the register.

Yes I use the card heavily, for my daily spend and monthly bills. But I really don't think I'm spending that much for them to be so skittish. I aksed to speak with a supervisor about why this kept happening and it was a bunch of "I don't knows." Once I get my Chase/Discover, PPMC will no longer be my daily card. 

Ironically the decline came as my mom was telling me about reading online about how crappy the CS for the PayPal card. As I was like no, the people on MyFico laud GE. Salty I am. Where's all this luv y'all keep talking about??

Oops, sorry for the last empty post...

I'm with you...I am not feeling the love that everyone esle is expressing on here either...I have several GE cards and they are ALL sitting at their initial limits though I have had them for years...tried the "luv buttons" and they just say can't process the online request...guess they want you to call in or something, but honestly I don't really use the cards so i am like screw it...not worth the hassle...the only reason I haven't closed them is because I don't want to hurt the age of my trade lines or my cc utilization.

Just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one getting the foul taste from GE.Smiley Very Happy

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the CHEESE!! lol

Starting Score: 614 (Credit Karma), 640 (TU Fico), 614 (TU via Merrick) as of 5/31/2013
Current Score: 597 (Credit Karma), 621 (TU Fico), 607 (TU via Merrick) as of 8/23/2013 !!!! annoyed
Goal Score: 800+

In My Wallet:RBFCU MC $2.5K/Target $2K/Amazon $1.3K/HB $900/C1Plat $750/Merrick $700/MS $550/ WM $500/C1CR $500 & Various Store Cards
Message 2 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

Are these large perchases or a lot of small purchases?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 18
Simply827
Established Contributor

A lot of small purchases. I booked a hotel last night for $275 and that might have triggered it, but I hardly think that's excessive. I've only had one other charge around that amount. 

They even asked me to verify a $1 charge from iTunes Smiley Indifferent

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 4 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

A lot of small purchases. I booked a hotel last night for $275 and that might have triggered it, but I hardly think that's excessive. I've only had one other charge around that amount. 

They even asked me to verify a $1 charge from iTunes Smiley Indifferent

What other cards do you have?? There are so man ycards out there that are leaps and bounds over PP for rewards for daily spend.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 18
Simply827
Established Contributor

I just have my crappy rebuilder cards which will be SDed or closed. I plan to app for some more prime cards next month.

Message 6 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

GE is great for SPs auto CLI's. I don't think anyone has lauded their exceptional Customer Service. PPMC is not one I use as a daily spend but have had it for 8 mos with no problems. For whatever reason the computer is picking up something they find suspicious. What is annoying that there is no warning based on your comments. I also have an Amex and got a call just today asking me about 2 charges I made last week. After verifying they removed the flag. What if I were using the cc or tried to and they hadn't reached me by phone? Guess, I'm saying each lender may handle notifications differently - sorry they are handling your cc so badly.
Message 7 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

I just have my crappy rebuilder cards which will be SDed or closed. I plan to app for some more prime cards next month.

I would try Discover IT. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 18
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Concur. Not to mention the 10+ minutes waiting time to speak with a live person.

They also have a cap of 75000 points per year, which can actually be redeemed for $680 statement credit.  I have Fid Amex for 2% Paypal , so I SDed this card.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 9 of 18
Simply827
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Simply827 wrote:

I would try Discover IT. Smiley Happy

I plan on it Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.