Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE internal scores vs. Fico

tag
Shyone44
Contributor

GE internal scores vs. Fico

Can someone please tell me how GE comes up with their internal scores???  I applied to the Walmart card and I was denied. They said my credit score was 423. They pulled TU and the last time I pulled my scores for TU is was over 600 (12/12).  I've had no new accounts, past due or collections that would have changed that number. Also how is Walmart on re-con?

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: GE internal scores vs. Fico

@Shyone44 wrote:

Can someone please tell me how GE comes up with their internal scores???  I applied to the Walmart card and I was denied. They said my credit score was 423. They pulled TU and the last time I pulled my scores for TU is was over 600 (12/12).  I've had no new accounts, past due or collections that would have changed that number. Also how is Walmart on re-con?

Nobody really knows how they make their in-house score. I'd imagine its somewhat close to FICO tho, just different scales for the number.

GE is not known for successful recons but its worth a shot!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

GE's internal score tops at 620 if I recall correctly. Factors in stuff that FICO does not and vice-versa.

Message 3 of 4
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Your Credit Score: 590 Date: 02/16/2013 Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850.
What I got when applied for a Walmart card I was denied and it is pretty close to myfico. Only 2 point difference.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.