Did you mean: 

GE is Great!

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: GE is Great!

@Duncanrr wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Honestly and personally speaking, I'd much rather have a GE backed card for the CLI. I have one MC and one VISA - but you can never have enough GE cards!

Grats!

Im the opposite.  I only want CL on cards that I can actually use.  I personally do not want a GE store card for Old Navy with 10k CL.

Since I PIF, CL make very little difference to me. 10k on a store card or 10k on a VISA.  I just want the easiest route to more available credit to have more wiggle room in controlling util%. So if I can accomplish that w/ SP vs HP, that's would be my preference.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 11 of 13
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Honestly and personally speaking, I'd much rather have a GE backed card for the CLI. I have one MC and one VISA - but you can never have enough GE cards!

Grats!

Im the opposite.  I only want CL on cards that I can actually use.  I personally do not want a GE store card for Old Navy with 10k CL.

Since I PIF, CL make very little difference to me. 10k on a store card or 10k on a VISA.  I just want the easiest route to more available credit to have more wiggle room in controlling util%. So if I can accomplish that w/ SP vs HP, that's would be my preference.

Personally it's nicer to have a store account that you'll actually use, so get cards with GE that you'll actually use. Like I use my walmart card so I can get a higher CL reporting. I'll do it in about 2 weeks, I'm requesting $10,000. CL from $2000 =)    (people have gotten better increases) and this is still a LOT less than my highest credit limits.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 13
Tran92
Regular Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

Grats.  They probably pulled TU as your EQ would probably had been high enough for Visa version.

Thanks! Yea they pulled TU. I was suprise to even get a limit of $600 for a gas card. I only got accepted for 400 for Walmart Smiley Sad. But I'm sure it will increase soon. Smiley Wink

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.