Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Re: GE is Great!

Duncanrr wrote:

Repo-ed wrote:

Honestly and personally speaking, I'd much rather have a GE backed card for the CLI. I have one MC and one VISA - but you can never have enough GE cards!

Grats!

Im the opposite.  I only want CL on cards that I can actually use.  I personally do not want a GE store card for Old Navy with 10k CL.

Since I PIF, CL make very little difference to me. 10k on a store card or 10k on a VISA.  I just want the easiest route to more available credit to have more wiggle room in controlling util%. So if I can accomplish that w/ SP vs HP, that's would be my preference.

Established Contributor
distantarray

Repo-ed wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:

Repo-ed wrote:

Honestly and personally speaking, I'd much rather have a GE backed card for the CLI. I have one MC and one VISA - but you can never have enough GE cards!

Grats!

Im the opposite.  I only want CL on cards that I can actually use.  I personally do not want a GE store card for Old Navy with 10k CL.

Since I PIF, CL make very little difference to me. 10k on a store card or 10k on a VISA.  I just want the easiest route to more available credit to have more wiggle room in controlling util%. So if I can accomplish that w/ SP vs HP, that's would be my preference.

Personally it's nicer to have a store account that you'll actually use, so get cards with GE that you'll actually use. Like I use my walmart card so I can get a higher CL reporting. I'll do it in about 2 weeks, I'm requesting $10,000. CL from $2000 =)    (people have gotten better increases) and this is still a LOT less than my highest credit limits.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
Tran92

Duncanrr wrote:

Grats.  They probably pulled TU as your EQ would probably had been high enough for Visa version.

Thanks! Yea they pulled TU. I was suprise to even get a limit of $600 for a gas card. I only got accepted for 400 for Walmart :smileysad:. But I'm sure it will increase soon. :smileywink:

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+