cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE is being pretty liberal with the Amazon in-house credit card.

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: GE is being pretty liberal with the Amazon in-house credit card.

i don't know what scores you need, they pulled my TU, & yes, i was told my CL immediately.

Message 11 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Do we have any idea whether they give better CL's if you already shop Amazon a lot, or is it just by income and TU score? Just curious, of course. Smiley Wink

Congrats, spankyspanky!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 16
spankyspanky
Established Member

I'm guessing that they must take into account sales history with amazon.  However, I have a very large line of credit from GE as it sits now for my small business which is associated with my social security number.  I'm not sure if that is why the immediate larger then expected credit line was granted.    I've had a chase amazon card for a long time, but frankly, I'm fed up with them.  Their website being down all day yesterday was the icing on the cake, and I will never spend another dollar on any of my chase cards, and I'm moving my checking/savings accounts to a credit union this morning at 10:00am.. 

My credit monitoring literally expired two days ago, (I was using triple advantage,  any recomendations are welcome on a new one) so I am unaware of what was pulled, but I will update this once I find a new credit monitoring service.   I was using triple advantage simply because an employee from countrywide had sold off a bunch of personal information, and we all received a free four year subscription to their service because of the actions of that employee.

My credit scores (fako) were 732, 740, 712 two weeks ago.    I have a 120 late on a car payment from two years ago that they will not remove.  I had auto pay, and never missed a payment for 47 months ($572 a month), then my last month was $117.00 that would not deduct, I had to send in a check.  I guess I should have opened the letters they sent me. Smiley Sad

Anyway, it appears that the amazon store card is same as cash for 6 months on any purchase over $149, which is great for us amazon addicts such as myself.

Message 13 of 16
b_baremore
Established Member

I like all the information that I can find here. This is really strange with GE Money Bank and the Amazon.com store card. I applied last week and said I would receive an email response soon. I did today and had problems in getting the response on-line and they gave me a number to call. I thought for sure with that I was approved. But Wrong I was denied and the person that I talked with said she did not know why but I will receive a letter in the mail. I was very polite and said Thank You and Have a Good Day. I again tried the link in my email and this time it worked. They did not run a credit check and they said so. They said I was denied because of "
HIGH RISK SOURCE OF APPLICATION". Never have I had a BK, all of my "4" credit cards I keep at or close to zero balances, never have been late making a payment. Just last week I closed on a mortgage for $175,000.00 and the bank for the mortgage only checked my credit 1 time, they said because my credit looked really good. My FICO scores at the time was EQ 683,  EX 712 and TU 728. The only reason for Equifax being lower is for all the inquiries..Only that.  Does anyone out there have a Backdoor number for GE Money Bank, I tried the one listed in Forums but that is only for Wally World, Wal-Mart. Thanks to all. Maybe GE is not really worth the effort.

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 664
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@b_baremore wrote:

I like all the information that I can find here. This is really strange with GE Money Bank and the Amazon.com store card. I applied last week and said I would receive an email response soon. I did today and had problems in getting the response on-line and they gave me a number to call. I thought for sure with that I was approved. But Wrong I was denied and the person that I talked with said she did not know why but I will receive a letter in the mail. I was very polite and said Thank You and Have a Good Day. I again tried the link in my email and this time it worked. They did not run a credit check and they said so. They said I was denied because of "HIGH RISK SOURCE OF APPLICATION". Never have I had a BK, all of my "4" credit cards I keep at or close to zero balances, never have been late making a payment. Just last week I closed on a mortgage for $175,000.00 and the bank for the mortgage only checked my credit 1 time, they said because my credit looked really good. My FICO scores at the time was EQ 683,  EX 712 and TU 728. The only reason for Equifax being lower is for all the inquiries..Only that.  Does anyone out there have a Backdoor number for GE Money Bank, I tried the one listed in Forums but that is only for Wally World, Wal-Mart. Thanks to all. Maybe GE is not really worth the effort.

I've had that happen when I applied while stationed overseas. 

Message 15 of 16
ferrari
Regular Contributor

wow! That's an incredible initial CL!!!

I had applied to their store card last year when I had only 7 months of credit history and similar scores to the OP with a few inq and 3-4 other fairly new credit lines and receive $3200. I thought that limit was surprisingly high. It is still my highest limit to date. But $9900 is unheard of!

I think they must take into account your spending history with Amazon as I have been shopping their for past 4 years.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.