Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE is ridiculous

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

GE is ridiculous

New Walmart credit card opened in December with a $600 credit limit.

Went up to $1800 in February and $5000 today. I have barely used the card.

I can't wait until I close on a house and open a Lowe's account. Thank you GE and of course, My Fico. My utilization is doing a happy dance right now!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: GE is ridiculous

That is fast congrats hope mine grows as fast.........way to go

@aussiesareforever wrote:
New Walmart credit card opened in December with a $600 credit limit.

Went up to $1800 in February and $5000 today. I have barely used the card.

I can't wait until I close on a house and open a Lowe's account. Thank you GE and of course, My Fico. My utilization is doing a happy dance right now!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Whew I thought you was gonna come in on this thread hating on my BFF Bank!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats, like stealing candy from a baby.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

congrats, like stealing candy from a baby.

Except GE leaves the candy store door open every 4 months for you! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
Wanka77
New Contributor

Im starting to believe that GE offers great CLI's to those that don't use their card as much thinking the consumer have better CC to use.  If not, they purposely make any GE CC's to be the Highest of them all in order to compete w/ other banks. .... IMO.  If you read a lot of GE posts, those that do use the card a lot have low or NO CLI over those that barely use it.  Coincidence ?????? You decide.

Starting Score:EX-639, TU-632 641-EQ(MyFico)
Current Score:EX-737(PLUS), TU-784(MyFico)750 (Walmrt) 719-EQ(Myfico),
Goal Score: 750-Across

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 9
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@Wanka77 wrote:

Im starting to believe that GE offers great CLI's to those that don't use their card as much thinking the consumer have better CC to use.  If not, they purposely make any GE CC's to be the Highest of them all in order to compete w/ other banks. .... IMO.  If you read a lot of GE posts, those that do use the card a lot have low or NO CLI over those that barely use it.  Coincidence ?????? You decide.

I think like almost anything to do with credit it's very much YMMV. My inital limit on the Paypal MC was 2K. Four months in they automatically increased it to 6K. That was with fairly heavy use. I'm hoping for 10K on my next increase in June. 

Message 8 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I barely use mine. I make teeeennnnyyy weeny purchases and harrass them for clis.
Per my sig, you can see that I get a lot of clis. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.