Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE retail store cards

tag
JustJen
Regular Contributor

GE retail store cards

Haven't been on the boards lately so just wanted to check if this is still the case...can you still request a CLI for GE retail store cards roughly every 4 months without getting a hard pull? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: GE retail store cards

yes, but you have to call the number on the back of your card, its not availible via the website, I just got a CLI on all my GE cards in July. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 4
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

In general, yes, though it's not guaranteed. I went through the automated system when I called the number on the website (after I was logged into my acct.). I guess because I called after hours. During the daytime, you might talk w/ a CSR.

BTW, I always ask for more than I want, since they'll counter-offer. That way, I know I'm getting the highest CLI I can. Good luck! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 4
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

from another post

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Check-to-see-if-a-card-pull-Hard-or-Soft-when-requestin...

they say every four months.

post was dated 5/12 though. 

ill be asking for ae and walmart to cli in december which is roughly 6 months

since i got them end of july. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.