Regular Contributor
JustJen

GE retail store cards

Haven't been on the boards lately so just wanted to check if this is still the case...can you still request a CLI for GE retail store cards roughly every 4 months without getting a hard pull? Thanks!

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Re: GE retail store cards

yes, but you have to call the number on the back of your card, its not availible via the website, I just got a CLI on all my GE cards in July. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 12/15/2014
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

In general, yes, though it's not guaranteed. I went through the automated system when I called the number on the website (after I was logged into my acct.). I guess because I called after hours. During the daytime, you might talk w/ a CSR.

BTW, I always ask for more than I want, since they'll counter-offer. That way, I know I'm getting the highest CLI I can. Good luck! :smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

from another post

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Check-to-see-if-a-card-pull-Hard-or-Soft-when-requestin...

they say every four months.

post was dated 5/12 though. 

ill be asking for ae and walmart to cli in december which is roughly 6 months

since i got them end of july. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}