cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE retail store cards

Regular Contributor

GE retail store cards

Haven't been on the boards lately so just wanted to check if this is still the case...can you still request a CLI for GE retail store cards roughly every 4 months without getting a hard pull? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: GE retail store cards

yes, but you have to call the number on the back of your card, its not availible via the website, I just got a CLI on all my GE cards in July. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 10k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak/Freedom 4.6k, FNBO DISC 25.1k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 12.5k, Paypal Extras MC 8.5k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5.9k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 9k, Discover IT 16k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 5/15/2017 Marcus Loan. 30k
Message 2 of 4
Senior Contributor

In general, yes, though it's not guaranteed. I went through the automated system when I called the number on the website (after I was logged into my acct.). I guess because I called after hours. During the daytime, you might talk w/ a CSR.

BTW, I always ask for more than I want, since they'll counter-offer. That way, I know I'm getting the highest CLI I can. Good luck! Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 4
Valued Contributor

from another post

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Check-to-see-if-a-card-pull-Hard-or-Soft-when-requestin...

they say every four months.

post was dated 5/12 though. 

ill be asking for ae and walmart to cli in december which is roughly 6 months

since i got them end of july. 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9

2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500