cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE using old pull for decision, how do I get them to use newer pull?

tag
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

GE using old pull for decision, how do I get them to use newer pull?

I have several GE cards.  I've had the GE Paypal Extras card for 8 months.  I started at $2000, then went to $3000 when I called at 4 months.  I just called since it is now another 4 months and they declined me, telling me a letter would be mailed to me.  I ogt the letter and it was from a pull that was done in the middle of January.  I had to go on a very last minute trip on Dec 28 and spent about $1600 on airfare, $1000 in hotels and $1000 in food, touristy things and extras.    I had paid all of my cards in full the day before I left, but because I had balances when the balances cut, it threw my utilization off by a lot.  After I got back, I paid all but $1000 in full, then paid that $1000 a couple weeks later.

The reason for the decline is DEROGATORY RECORD, which I am assuming is my BK which is 8 years old and has never been an issue for any of my GE cards,  PROPORTION OF BALANCES TO CREDIT LIMITS IS TOO HIGH, probably because I came close to maxing out one credit card for this trip, but has had a low or 0 balance since then, and, LENGTHS OF TIME ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED - yes, I have new accounts, 2 of them are other GE cards and they just gave me increases on them.

That's the funny thing.  My GE Paypal Extras card is using a 5 month old pull for my request but in the last two weeks, I got increases on TJMaxx (hit the love button), Banana Republic (hilt the love button), Belk (called the number on the back of the card),  Walmart (hit the love button) and Amazon (hit the love button).  On all of those, I got increases of between $200 - $1000 for each card, with none of them being declined.  Does that mean they are using a more current pull?  

How do I get GE Paypal Extras to use a more current pull?  With the exception of that last minute trip I took, I normally have between 2 and 7% util and I PIF.  If I ask them to use another pull, will they do a hard pull or will they still do a soft pull?  I want to get this card up to $5000 soon.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: GE using old pull for decision, how do I get them to use newer pull?

Assuming you are calling Credit Solutions, this actually happened to me once would and i called back and ask them to pull a current report. I explained that I had called last week but I have pulled my cr and noticed that they hasn't pulled a current report. I was put on hold and given my increase.
Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

I have several GE cards.  I've had the GE Paypal Extras card for 8 months.  I started at $2000, then went to $3000 when I called at 4 months.  I just called since it is now another 4 months and they declined me, telling me a letter would be mailed to me.  I ogt the letter and it was from a pull that was done in the middle of January.  I had to go on a very last minute trip on Dec 28 and spent about $1600 on airfare, $1000 in hotels and $1000 in food, touristy things and extras.    I had paid all of my cards in full the day before I left, but because I had balances when the balances cut, it threw my utilization off by a lot.  After I got back, I paid all but $1000 in full, then paid that $1000 a couple weeks later.

The reason for the decline is DEROGATORY RECORD, which I am assuming is my BK which is 8 years old and has never been an issue for any of my GE cards,  PROPORTION OF BALANCES TO CREDIT LIMITS IS TOO HIGH, probably because I came close to maxing out one credit card for this trip, but has had a low or 0 balance since then, and, LENGTHS OF TIME ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED - yes, I have new accounts, 2 of them are other GE cards and they just gave me increases on them.

That's the funny thing.  My GE Paypal Extras card is using a 5 month old pull for my request but in the last two weeks, I got increases on TJMaxx (hit the love button), Banana Republic (hilt the love button), Belk (called the number on the back of the card),  Walmart (hit the love button) and Amazon (hit the love button).  On all of those, I got increases of between $200 - $1000 for each card, with none of them being declined.  Does that mean they are using a more current pull?  

How do I get GE Paypal Extras to use a more current pull?  With the exception of that last minute trip I took, I normally have between 2 and 7% util and I PIF.  If I ask them to use another pull, will they do a hard pull or will they still do a soft pull?  I want to get this card up to $5000 soon.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

I've seen lately the luv button is giving more increases than Credit Solutions. Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.