Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB Amazon setback

tag
djshifted
Regular Contributor

GECRB Amazon setback

I've been gardening for 6 months now, no new inquiries (except one I don't understand from TransUnion itself).  Unfortunately I do have a high utilization... all payments on time, nothing negative added to my credit report.  Out of the blue I go to make a purchase on my Amazon card, come to find out they dropped my credit limit from $800 to $660, just $1 over my current balance, so it may lower even more with my next statement.

Called them, I was told that every month they review credit reports to either raise or lower credit limits, they will only tell me that it was lowered due to something on my credit report, nothing specific.  Denied an increase back to the original $800.

Feels like a huge step backwards.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: GECRB Amazon setback

sorry to hear that, I would think they would send you a letter at least explaining why

Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@john398 wrote:

sorry to hear that, I would think they would send you a letter at least explaining why

They are required to by the FCRA.

Message 3 of 13
djshifted
Regular Contributor

If they did send one I haven't received it yet.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 4 of 13
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@djshifted wrote:

I've been gardening for 6 months now, no new inquiries (except one I don't understand from TransUnion itself).  Unfortunately I do have a high utilization... all payments on time, nothing negative added to my credit report.  Out of the blue I go to make a purchase on my Amazon card, come to find out they dropped my credit limit from $800 to $660, just $1 over my current balance, so it may lower even more with my next statement.

Called them, I was told that every month they review credit reports to either raise or lower credit limits, they will only tell me that it was lowered due to something on my credit report, nothing specific.  Denied an increase back to the original $800.

Sorry to hear about CLD.  Amazon must not like the high UTIL.  How high is it?

I would push UTIL back down and then try credit solutions once you do that and it reports.  Good luck!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 13
bk510
Valued Contributor

@djshifted wrote:

This is B.S.

If thats tha case, how come I havent received any cli's. and also any time u get CLD, the reps dont have a clue as to what tha f is goin on.

its a computer generated thing and its a hit or miss type deal. as far as wat u can do bout it? i have no clue, lol

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 6 of 13
RushXTC
Established Contributor

They do review random accounts, Since I've only asked for CLI once, But have received multiple random CLI's.

Message 7 of 13
bk510
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

They are required to by the FCRA.

Even then, its going to be some BS answer. it is what it is.

I just try to get'em back where it hurts. SD it.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 8 of 13
bk510
Valued Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

They do review random accounts, Since I've only asked for CLI once, But have received multiple random CLI's.

yes I know, but OP was told that they review OP's account EVERY MONTH to determine cli or cld, what ever.

9 out 10 times u r going to a lot of bs answers, unless u go directly to the UW.

Message 9 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

This account looks to make up a good portion of your profile's limit. And you had really high utilization on that. Are you having balances report on your other cards? This is probably what spooked them. You need to PIF asap on some accounts and show them you aren't going to default on the account. When you have ideal reporting then you need to call CS and get your limit raised --- significant increase much higher than 800. That's the only thing about having a low line when you actually use it for what you need they don't like that and want to CLD you.  The good news is that it's not thousands of dollars, so you can change this quickly.

Best of luck! (I would be asking the other accounts for SP CLIs, too.)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.