Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB Chevron/Texaco Visa question

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

GECRB Chevron/Texaco Visa question

I read that you can earn rewards fuel credits for either:

-$300 in purchases on a billing cycle gaining $0.10 off per gallon.

-$1000 in purchases on a billing cycle gaining $0.20 off per gallon.

My questions are:

-Is this credit good for the whole year once you've crossed the $300/1000 threshold or do you have to do this every month to get the credit??

-What are the other good perks od this card?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GECRB Chevron/Texaco Visa question

I used to have a chevron card back in the day. Now I get all my gas from qt

I applied for the at card but was declined... this was last january
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I used to have a chevron card back in the day. Now I get all my gas from qt

I applied for the at card but was declined... this was last january

I went for it yesterday Smiley Embarassed and got the Chevron/Texaco Visa for $1500. I'm trying to make sure I got the promo's and  specs down.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I really liked my chevron and conoco card that I got back in the day.... they were nice!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

While I only have a $1500 plain old Chevron/Texaco store card... Pretty sure that is an annual threshold...

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

The Fuel Rewards Program for Chevron Visa and Texaco Visa Card Accounts
To earn Fuel Credits, you must meet eligible spending thresholds in any billing period. Eligible spending includes net purchases made on your Card Account, other than (i) any purchases made at Chevron or Texaco branded merchants or (ii) any purchases at other fuel merchants. If you spend more than $300 in eligible spending in any billing period, you will accrue ten cents ($0.10) per gallon in Fuel Credits for each gallon of Chevron or Texaco fuel purchased in that billing period. If you spend more than $1000 in eligible spending in any billing period, you will accrue twenty cents ($0.20) per gallon in Fuel Credits for each gallon of Chevron or Texaco fuel purchased in that billing period. A maximum of $300 in total Fuel Credits may be earned in any calendar year and a maximum of $300 in total Fuel Credits may be redeemed in any calendar year.

So you have to do it every month and no, this card sucks. Totally not worth it if you are looking for good gas reward.

Message 6 of 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@trumpet-205 The information you provided is correct, I curently applied in january of 2012 and got approved for $2,250 and the rewards dont really add up this is just a the keep card in case of emergencies because with its high APR you dont want to carry a high balance.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh... Eh I only got it for the 10c for the first 60 or 90 days.. Can't remem. It does pretty much suck though lol... Thinking about closing it. Haha
Currently is sd'ed w zero bal. Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well I can make the 1000 every month with bills so it might be a good look. May also be good for nice CLI's with high usage.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 14
eagle1gator
Established Member

hey. ive been out of bk7 for a year. how can i get to the point of having high credit limits again?? just got chevron w 300 cl

Starting Score: 554
Current Score: 584
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.