Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB EBates Visa

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

GECRB EBates Visa

I got an approval for the Ebates cash back Platinum Visa with a temporary 1k limit.  I assume since it doesn't say siggy I can expect to be under 5k.  Does anyone have any ideas as to average starting limits on the platinum card?  I'm a little disappointed I didn't get the siggy, but oh well.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GECRB EBates Visa

@wacdenney wrote:

I got an approval for the Ebates cash back Platinum Visa with a temporary 1k limit.  I assume since it doesn't say siggy I can expect to be under 5k.  Does anyone have any ideas as to average starting limits on the platinum card?  I'm a little disappointed I didn't get the siggy, but oh well.

I believe the only card Ebates offers is the Siggy and it will be so regardless of the limit, I have read in previous posts that people with 2500 CLs still got the siggy.

Adding: Seems they have changed their offerings since I read those last posts, you could get either one, wont know till it arrives.

Message 2 of 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I believe the only card Ebates offers is the Siggy and it will be so regardless of the limit, I have read in previous posts that people with 2500 CLs still got the siggy.

I don't think so.  It said:  "Your Ebates Cash Back Visa Platinum Card will arrive in 7-10 days".  Then at the bottom of the page in small print it said:  "The Ebates Cash Back Visa Platinum Card and Ebates Cash Back Visa Signature Card are issued by GE Capital Retail Bank("GECRB") and are not an obligation of Ebates Performance Marketing, Inc."

I would be thrilled if you are correct!  But, it sounds to me like there are two tiers of this card available and I got the lower tier.

Message 3 of 20
tray
Valued Contributor

All I can say I have had this card for a little over 2 months now, if you get approved for a cl of 4K and over you are most likely going to get a visa signature card, everyone mostly gets the 1K temporary limit, I called for myself the very next day less than 24 hours to find my cl I was told I was approved for only 2.5K while I was on the phone I asked for a cli to bring it to 5K and it was granted I did this to try to make sure I would get a visa sig sent to me, but when I recieved the ebates card in the mail it was still a platinum card.  Since then I tried to request an upgrade for this particular card and at this time ge does not have the ability to do this I was told, so I hope you get a high limit but if you do not, don't worry about it you get the same cash back benefits as the visa signature, and for me I do not even think about it anymore as I have plenty of other visa signature credit cards, and do not even use any of the benefits from it, Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 20
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

They gave me a 1k limit.  Then requested a CLI to 10k after a month and it was approved.  Just a regular Visa though, not signature

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 6 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I think tray is correct that $4k limit will get you a Signature card.  My temp limit was $750, card arrived as a Signature and $4.5k limit.  Credit Solutions bumped it almost immediately to $10k.

Message 7 of 20
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats OP!! Nice card. Hey out of curiosity, does anyone know how many cards you can have with GE? This card looks promising.
Message 8 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
Congrats OP!! Nice card. Hey out of curiosity, does anyone know how many cards you can have with GE? This card looks promising.

I'm not sure there's a limit to how many cards they will give you, but the overall credit exposure they're willing to extend to you.  Word was $100k total limit, but I don't know if that's still the case.  They seem to be tightening up on CLI lately.  I have 6 cards with them if that helps any.  And yes, I love Ebates and the card since you can stack discounts Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
baller4life
Super Contributor

So they go by exposure limit and not number of cards. Ok, good to know. Thanks!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.