Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB--I'm STILL PISSED!

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: GECRB--I'm STILL PISSED!

I read some months ago on another forum about GE closing out all of a person's account.  They were able to call UW and had to fax in some docs and had their accounts reinstated.  It didn't happen overnight but it finally did happen.  So OP if you're up to it you could try to do the same thing but just be prepared to answer a bunch of questions.  Considering you'll be taking a hit on AAoA if these accounts report closed, IMO I would work hard at getting if not all, at least some of these reopened.  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 31 of 33
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@CopperHD wrote:

It will be interesting to see if the other lenders see all of the closings and follow suit.  I am sure that Amex has initiated a FR for less.  

I was just thinking the same thing.  Wait a few months til all the issuers do softs & look at the recent activity.

To the OP...you need to sit back & take a look at what your actions have resulted in.  GE is actually extremely generous when you approach them the right way.  I have several cards with them:

Care Credit....18k

Lowes card....10k

GE TJX............2k

Patience got me there.  Just sayin....Smiley Indifferent

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 32 of 33
power1234

Thats great info thereSmiley HappyRhaney

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.