Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB has no max limit!!!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

GECRB has no max limit!!!

So I called Cred Solutions today to request a cli on a GE account...
I was denied for one of the first times ever lol!!
Oh well, nbd... I have plenty of cred... I just do it for fun at this point!

Anyway, the rep over there told me that the regular Customer Service Reps donhave limits on each account but that she could put it at whatever limit she wanted!!!!

So maybe our time spent trying to fig out GE's max limit exposure is just...time wasted?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
So I called Cred Solutions today to request a cli on a GE account...
I was denied for one of the first times ever lol!!
Oh well, nbd... I have plenty of cred... I just do it for fun at this point!

Anyway, the rep over there told me that the regular Customer Service Reps donhave limits on each account but that she could put it at whatever limit she wanted!!!!

So maybe our time spent trying to fig out GE's max limit exposure is just...time wasted?

Always take whatever a CSR tells you with a grain of salt.  Smiley Happy  Just because they can type whatever they wish into the box, doesn't mean there's not a limit that's enforced during underwriting.

        
Message 2 of 57
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Always take whatever a CSR tells you with a grain of salt.  Smiley Happy  Just because they can type whatever they wish into the box, doesn't mean there's not a limit that's enforced during underwriting.

I just wonder what their underwriting is. I went from 1200 to 10000 in one month. They never ask any questions about anything, they just approve. The only other lender that is that easy is FIA, but they do a hard inquiry.

Message 3 of 57
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

What was you're reason for denial?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 57
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

not just too much credit but:

WAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH CREDIT!!! 

Smiley Tongue

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 5 of 57
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

give backdoor CSR a break man lol......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What is your GE Total Credit now?

Message 7 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol.. I disagree. Credit only becomes a problem if you USE it. I have one GE account with a balance...
Let's see....
I have .... At least around $85k in avail credit from GE with a bal of $850 on my Paypal MC.
Lol :-)

They wouldn't give me the reason over the phone lol... I'll wait til I get the letter. It's prob due to the new Citi card that just started reporting.
My last TU 08 FICO was 690 while my last EQ Fico was 684....

These are at least a month old. So that's prob why I got denied. Lol oh well... I've been getting clis like crazy since like Nov 2011. I've gone from a pure, backdoor/ recon free avail cred of like $50k to almost $145k since then...mostly due to the tricks Ive found on this board :-) lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 57
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

You have 85K in credit with one bank and you don't think that is the reason they denied you're CLI request?  How much credit do you think they will give you? 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 9 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

You have 85K in credit with one bank and you don't think that is the reason they denied you're CLI request?  How much credit do you think they will give you? 

I don't know about you all but that number just seems SO SILLY attached to anything that would follow after GE!

$85k is more than I managed with Amex in the hay days of free credit.

But after working at a store that used GE, I'm still shocked each time I see the credit cards and lines OP has with GE.... I think I will submit you to Guiness books of world records with most credit line with GE!

Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.