Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB has no max limit!!!

tag
acleynes
New Contributor

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!

To the original poster, I am really impressed you have so much credit available for a person with a FICO score in the mid to high 600 range.

However, I can't help but feel that having so many different credit cards with such high limits, actually makes you look less favorable to a mortgage lender.

I know you use less than 1% of your total available credit, but the potential exist for you to spend more in one month than what you might make in an entire year.

If I was a lender, that would terrify me.

Also, I hope most of your cards don't have any annual fees. 

Starting Score: TU 749 02/02/2014
Current Score: TU 749 02/02/2014
Goal Score: 850

Message 21 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks...
But hhi is $140k + (don't care to hear others' take on using hhi on app!)

I have no plans to get a mortgage any time soon; that'd be a real drag on my finances! Heh

And only one card has an AF... Ironically..my lowest limit as well...
Orchard Bank Gold with a $39 AF- got them to halve it this year! Lol so $19.50 for more than $100k of avail cred! Haha:-)

Keep in mind, I pay prob $2k-4k payments each month... My min pmts may add up to $500 at the most. I run all of my expenses through my prime accounts...and I do revolve some balances, only 0%-3.99% aprs. The GE cards stay pif mostly! Great for util!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 57
culture
Regular Contributor

OP:

did you used the number listed in the backdoor thread? 

I'm looking for those GE numbers since I have a Banana Rep  card and wanted to get a CLI by calling and not online 

Message 23 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I used the one from here..
There are two actually:
One ends in 8173
One ends in 4936

Ive only used the 4936 one.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 57
culture
Regular Contributor

sorry to trouble so much but I cant find those numbers in the backdoor thread....

can you link me or post them 

thanks  

Message 25 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

1877379-

OR

:-)
Message 26 of 57
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@acleynes wrote:

To the original poster, I am really impressed you have so much credit available for a person with a FICO score in the mid to high 600 range.

However, I can't help but feel that having so many different credit cards with such high limits, actually makes you look less favorable to a mortgage lender.

I know you use less than 1% of your total available credit, but the potential exist for you to spend more in one month than what you might make in an entire year.

If I was a lender, that would terrify me.

Also, I hope most of your cards don't have any annual fees. 

@Anonymous - He is right though...  I know you claim HHI on your apps but you stated in another thread a while back that you make around 70k if i remember accurately.  You could literally charge twice as much as you make in a year on credit cards...

I'm not going to be negative on what you're doing at all but I feel like you will have issues when it comes time for a mortgage...  until them swing away!!! lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 27 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's correct... lol Yeah, I know... But I also don't plan to obtain a mortgage soon lol not within ten years at least haha. I'd never charge that much though, ever!!! I don't even plan to get an auto loan any time within the next couple of years.
Message 28 of 57
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I can't wait to see the look on the finance guys face when he sees your accounts the first time you get a car loan, he's going to be like what? this guy is really in his 20s? lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 29 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That or they'll straight up deny me haha! I actually paid an auto loan in full but it was on my mom's credit :-/ not mine meh :-(
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.