Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!


Creditaddict wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

You have 85K in credit with one bank and you don't think that is the reason they denied you're CLI request?  How much credit do you think they will give you? 


I don't know about you all but that number just seems SO SILLY attached to anything that would follow after GE!

$85k is more than I managed with Amex in the hay days of free credit.

But after working at a store that used GE, I'm still shocked each time I see the credit cards and lines OP has with GE.... I think I will submit you to Guiness books of world records with most credit line with GE!


I have one GE card at 6k and I keep thinking about hitting the luv button or calling the back door number but I don't want the banks that I actually use to deny me credit increses due to that card having too much.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,156
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!


ryanbush wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

You have 85K in credit with one bank and you don't think that is the reason they denied you're CLI request?  How much credit do you think they will give you? 


I don't know about you all but that number just seems SO SILLY attached to anything that would follow after GE!

$85k is more than I managed with Amex in the hay days of free credit.

But after working at a store that used GE, I'm still shocked each time I see the credit cards and lines OP has with GE.... I think I will submit you to Guiness books of world records with most credit line with GE!


I have one GE card at 6k and I keep thinking about hitting the luv button or calling the back door number but I don't want the banks that I actually use to deny me credit increses due to that card having too much.


I would not worry about other banks denying you unless you have $20+k credit lines and are putting $10k yearly income.

My Gardening 04/29/2016 All 3 Reports on Lockdown
Partner Joined Garden 04/11/2016
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!


Creditaddict wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

You have 85K in credit with one bank and you don't think that is the reason they denied you're CLI request?  How much credit do you think they will give you? 


I don't know about you all but that number just seems SO SILLY attached to anything that would follow after GE!

$85k is more than I managed with Amex in the hay days of free credit.

But after working at a store that used GE, I'm still shocked each time I see the credit cards and lines OP has with GE.... I think I will submit you to Guiness books of world records with most credit line with GE!


I have one GE card at 6k and I keep thinking about hitting the luv button or calling the back door number but I don't want the banks that I actually use to deny me credit increses due to that card having too much.


I would not worry about other banks denying you unless you have $20+k credit lines and are putting $10k yearly income.


I know! I know! every time I think of asking for an increase I just imagine some credit analyst denying me for a card and saying you aready have plenty of credit LOL

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Established Contributor
Posts: 562
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!

my wife hates this board. Because everytime I see one of these threads I make her call and up one of her ge cards. lol you guys are great

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,156
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!


swpopham wrote:

my wife hates this board. Because everytime I see one of these threads I make her call and up one of her ge cards. lol you guys are great


Speaking of uping... Based on the cards and limits I see in your sigi you need to have a conversation with Navy to move you up to $35k today Smiley Happy

My Gardening 04/29/2016 All 3 Reports on Lockdown
Partner Joined Garden 04/11/2016
Established Contributor
Posts: 562
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!


Creditaddict wrote:

swpopham wrote:

my wife hates this board. Because everytime I see one of these threads I make her call and up one of her ge cards. lol you guys are great


Speaking of uping... Based on the cards and limits I see in your sigi you need to have a conversation with Navy to move you up to $35k today Smiley Happy


 

Already tried! so I paid off the LOC and both mine and wifes cards and call again next month! they gave me $500 extra! I was like geeze thanks thats 2 tanks of fuel right now! They are weird Its a love hate relationship with them...

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,279
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!

Lol.. It's not a big deal that they denied me a cli as I mentioned previously.
All I can do from this point is to keep paying my bills on time and get my FICO higher :-)

Im anxious to know the reasons for denial though! I wonder if it will be something income related!
Eh, we shall seeeee
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,279
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!

Btw, it's worth noting that many of my GE accts...
Dillard's, JCP, Lowe's... Have been opened since like 2007... So a pretty long time. I didn't get these limits overnight. Ive simply always had an aggressive credit-building strategy in place since I was old enough to get cred :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Btw, it's worth noting that many of my GE accts...
Dillard's, JCP, Lowe's... Have been opened since like 2007... So a pretty long time. I didn't get these limits overnight. Ive simply always had an aggressive credit-building strategy in place since I was old enough to get cred :-)

You are very agressive, that is for sure.  I'm sure it helps that you have quite a few accounts with GE and they are easy to get CLIs with Chase, AMEX and the such move quite a bit slower.

 

by my account you have right at 130K in credit lines, is this accurate?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,279
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!

It's in the $130k-145k range....

My Amex even grew pretty quickly...
Got $3500 initially, then got the 3xcli to $10.5k on the 61st day. I know not to ask for more than $25k after six more months! Lol
I'm not even bothering asking Chase for a cli; they like to do hps, and my Freedom card is maxed haha!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.