Valued Contributor
ryanbush

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!

Creditaddict wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

You have 85K in credit with one bank and you don't think that is the reason they denied you're CLI request?  How much credit do you think they will give you? 

I don't know about you all but that number just seems SO SILLY attached to anything that would follow after GE!

$85k is more than I managed with Amex in the hay days of free credit.

But after working at a store that used GE, I'm still shocked each time I see the credit cards and lines OP has with GE.... I think I will submit you to Guiness books of world records with most credit line with GE!

I have one GE card at 6k and I keep thinking about hitting the luv button or calling the back door number but I don't want the banks that I actually use to deny me credit increses due to that card having too much.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

ryanbush wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

You have 85K in credit with one bank and you don't think that is the reason they denied you're CLI request?  How much credit do you think they will give you? 

I don't know about you all but that number just seems SO SILLY attached to anything that would follow after GE!

But after working at a store that used GE, I'm still shocked each time I see the credit cards and lines OP has with GE.... I think I will submit you to Guiness books of world records with most credit line with GE!

I have one GE card at 6k and I keep thinking about hitting the luv button or calling the back door number but I don't want the banks that I actually use to deny me credit increses due to that card having too much.

I would not worry about other banks denying you unless you have $20+k credit lines and are putting $10k yearly income.

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

Creditaddict wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

I would not worry about other banks denying you unless you have $20+k credit lines and are putting $10k yearly income.

I know! I know! every time I think of asking for an increase I just imagine some credit analyst denying me for a card and saying you aready have plenty of credit LOL

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Established Contributor
swpopham

my wife hates this board. Because everytime I see one of these threads I make her call and up one of her ge cards. lol you guys are great

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

swpopham wrote:

my wife hates this board. Because everytime I see one of these threads I make her call and up one of her ge cards. lol you guys are great

Speaking of uping... Based on the cards and limits I see in your sigi you need to have a conversation with Navy to move you up to $35k today :smileyhappy:

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
swpopham

Creditaddict wrote:

swpopham wrote:

Speaking of uping... Based on the cards and limits I see in your sigi you need to have a conversation with Navy to move you up to $35k today :smileyhappy:

Already tried! so I paid off the LOC and both mine and wifes cards and call again next month! they gave me $500 extra! I was like geeze thanks thats 2 tanks of fuel right now! They are weird Its a love hate relationship with them...

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Lol.. It's not a big deal that they denied me a cli as I mentioned previously.
All I can do from this point is to keep paying my bills on time and get my FICO higher :-)

Im anxious to know the reasons for denial though! I wonder if it will be something income related!
Eh, we shall seeeee
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Btw, it's worth noting that many of my GE accts...
Dillard's, JCP, Lowe's... Have been opened since like 2007... So a pretty long time. I didn't get these limits overnight. Ive simply always had an aggressive credit-building strategy in place since I was old enough to get cred :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Btw, it's worth noting that many of my GE accts...
Dillard's, JCP, Lowe's... Have been opened since like 2007... So a pretty long time. I didn't get these limits overnight. Ive simply always had an aggressive credit-building strategy in place since I was old enough to get cred :-)

You are very agressive, that is for sure.  I'm sure it helps that you have quite a few accounts with GE and they are easy to get CLIs with Chase, AMEX and the such move quite a bit slower.

by my account you have right at 130K in credit lines, is this accurate?

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

It's in the $130k-145k range....

My Amex even grew pretty quickly...
Got $3500 initially, then got the 3xcli to $10.5k on the 61st day. I know not to ask for more than $25k after six more months! Lol
I'm not even bothering asking Chase for a cli; they like to do hps, and my Freedom card is maxed haha!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+