New Contributor
acleynes

Re: GECRB has no max limit!!!

To the original poster, I am really impressed you have so much credit available for a person with a FICO score in the mid to high 600 range.

However, I can't help but feel that having so many different credit cards with such high limits, actually makes you look less favorable to a mortgage lender.

I know you use less than 1% of your total available credit, but the potential exist for you to spend more in one month than what you might make in an entire year.

If I was a lender, that would terrify me.

Also, I hope most of your cards don't have any annual fees. 

Starting Score: TU 749 02/02/2014
Current Score: TU 749 02/02/2014
Goal Score: 850

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Thanks...
But hhi is $140k + (don't care to hear others' take on using hhi on app!)

I have no plans to get a mortgage any time soon; that'd be a real drag on my finances! Heh

And only one card has an AF... Ironically..my lowest limit as well...
Orchard Bank Gold with a $39 AF- got them to halve it this year! Lol so $19.50 for more than $100k of avail cred! Haha:-)

Keep in mind, I pay prob $2k-4k payments each month... My min pmts may add up to $500 at the most. I run all of my expenses through my prime accounts...and I do revolve some balances, only 0%-3.99% aprs. The GE cards stay pif mostly! Great for util!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | CSP $10k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k | Express $3.05K | Myponts.com Visa $3.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Regular Contributor
culture

OP:

did you used the number listed in the backdoor thread? 

I'm looking for those GE numbers since I have a Banana Rep  card and wanted to get a CLI by calling and not online 

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Yeah, I used the one from here..
There are two actually:
One ends in 8173
One ends in 4936

Ive only used the 4936 one.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | CSP $10k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k | Express $3.05K | Myponts.com Visa $3.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Regular Contributor
culture

sorry to trouble so much but I cant find those numbers in the backdoor thread....

can you link me or post them 

thanks  

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

1877379-

OR

:-)
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

acleynes wrote:

To the original poster, I am really impressed you have so much credit available for a person with a FICO score in the mid to high 600 range.

However, I can't help but feel that having so many different credit cards with such high limits, actually makes you look less favorable to a mortgage lender.

I know you use less than 1% of your total available credit, but the potential exist for you to spend more in one month than what you might make in an entire year.

If I was a lender, that would terrify me.

Also, I hope most of your cards don't have any annual fees. 

@young - He is right though...  I know you claim HHI on your apps but you stated in another thread a while back that you make around 70k if i remember accurately.  You could literally charge twice as much as you make in a year on credit cards...

I'm not going to be negative on what you're doing at all but I feel like you will have issues when it comes time for a mortgage...  until them swing away!!! lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

That's correct... lol Yeah, I know... But I also don't plan to obtain a mortgage soon lol not within ten years at least haha. I'd never charge that much though, ever!!! I don't even plan to get an auto loan any time within the next couple of years.
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

I can't wait to see the look on the finance guys face when he sees your accounts the first time you get a car loan, he's going to be like what? this guy is really in his 20s? lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

That or they'll straight up deny me haha! I actually paid an auto loan in full but it was on my mom's credit :-/ not mine meh :-(

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+