Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB put my accounts on hold

tag
janibani111
New Visitor

GECRB put my accounts on hold

I try to access my accounts online and it tells me that my account access is no available

Call the 1800 number

I called and the credit department is saying that the accounts are under review for 10 business days

I currently have no balances on the accounts.Will this mean that my accounts will be closed? I am really upset right now

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: GECRB put my accounts on hold

Have you opened a bunch of GE accounts recently?  That's usually what causes it.  If not there may just be something that spooked them and I would give them a call to straighten it out.

Message 2 of 4
mojobones89
Contributor

@janibani111 wrote:

I try to access my accounts online and it tells me that my account access is no available

Call the 1800 number

I called and the credit department is saying that the accounts are under review for 10 business days

I currently have no balances on the accounts.Will this mean that my accounts will be closed? I am really upset right now

could be just random pick?

maybe tooo many log in's?

or even big purchases and multiple payments?

it might be a good review for a CLI

(if kept in good standings)

finally,may be fraud protection?

Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

have you done anything recently out of the norm?

Did you open a lot of new GE backed accounts? Normally this is the main cause.

Were there any major changes to your credit report? Such as collections, charge offs, etc.

Did you open a lot of new accounts recently?
Did you go on a spending spree and maxed out a few cards?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.