Contributor

GECRB

I must say over the past few months GECRB has been really good to me! I've applied for and received:

American Eagle Store Card $200

Lowes Store Card $500

Sam's Club Store Card $600

Walmart Store Card $700

Amazon Store Card $900

I'm really impressed with how they have extended credit to me!!  With all i have learned on here hopefully these card will grow nicely and will have some nice CLI's in the future!

Established Contributor

Re: GECRB

I really enjoy having GECRB in my wallet however I do hear a good amount of complaints from consumers all over the internet. Their APR's are very very high on their store cards. I'm ok with that because I PIF every month.

I really love the CLIs they give. You can request one online after the 4th statement and you will get a good increase with only a soft pull. You can then use the cards for 4 more months and request again after they 8th statement etc. My Gap card started at $200 I've been upgraded to Gap Visa and now I have a CL of $2000 in less than 8 months.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
New Contributor

My JCPenny has been @ 600 since I opened it. :-(

Super Contributor

laboi_22 wrote:

I really enjoy having GECRB in my wallet however I do hear a good amount of complaints from consumers all over the internet. Their APR's are very very high on their store cards. I'm ok with that because I PIF every month.

I really love the CLIs they give. You can request one online after the 4th statement and you will get a good increase with only a soft pull. You can then use the cards for 4 more months and request again after they 8th statement etc. My Gap card started at $200 I've been upgraded to Gap Visa and now I have a CL of $2000 in less than 8 months.

For rebuilding purposes, GECRB is great, due to the frequent soft pull CLIs......interest rates on CCs are bad, not just with GE but everywhere.....unless you are tied in with a prime CC or a good CU.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

GE has always been awesome with me (rates suck but I either PIF or use promos)

Sams Club Credit- opened in 2007 @ 500 limit- now $10,000

Amazon Opened in 2009 @ 1800 now at $3800

JCP opened in 2008 @ 500 now at $4500

Walmart - Opened in 2007 @ 500 upgraded to WM discover @ 2500 in 2011

Lowes - Opened in 2011@ 800 now at $5850

All increases with soft pulls :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor

rbizzle wrote:

I must say over the past few months GECRB has been really good to me! I've applied for and received:

American Eagle Store Card $200

Lowes Store Card $500

Sam's Club Store Card $600

Walmart Store Card $700

Amazon Store Card $900

I'm really impressed with how they have extended credit to me!!  With all i have learned on here hopefully these card will grow nicely and will have some nice CLI's in the future!

When I was rebuilding credit, my Banana Republic card (GE) was my first card other than my Orchard card. They gave me a $300 limit, and on my 4th statement increased it automatically to $1000. A few months after that, they pre-approved me for the Visa version (new account) and gave me a $3000 CL. Although they closed the store-only BR card, the BR Visa was opened with no hard pull. As soon as I get my 4th statement on the BR Visa, I'm going to ask for a CLI if they don't give me one automatically. Only complaint is the interest rate, but I do always PIF. Overall, I think their cards grow well over time. 

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.