Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB CC CLI Question

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

GEMB CC CLI Question

I notice that when talking about GEMB cards: JC Penny, Walmart, etc... people often talk about requested CLIs.  Has anyone ever gotten an auto CLI increase on one of their cards?
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
notmyname
Regular Contributor

Re: GEMB CC CLI Question

Yes, Belk.

NMN

Message 2 of 15
GFer
Valued Contributor

Yes, but the stars were aligned just so...

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

Yes, my  Sams card went from 300 to 3100 and I never asked for a CLI.  Took 4 years and it went up incrementaly.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - I got a Banana Republic card last December and at the six month mark I got a huuuuge auto-CLI from $500 to $600. I haven't used the card since the day I opened the account, so doubt I'll see another CLI on its first anniversary.
Message 5 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

LOL I used have have the Sams card close to being maxed (my bad credit period) out so I think thats why they kept raising my limits.  The moment they stoped making money on me in interest, the stoped giving me CLIs.

I not not implying you should follow my bad example to get auto-CLIs, I'm just making a guess on why I got them from GEMB.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 15
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep - I got a Banana Republic card last December and at the six month mark I got a huuuuge auto-CLI from $500 to $600. I haven't used the card since the day I opened the account, so doubt I'll see another CLI on its first anniversary.

LOL.  Fevmlo, you do know that if you don't use that charge card, they are going to close it on you, right?

It's been a while since I had any GEMB cards, but I do recall that I don't think I ever received CLIs and I was a shop-a-holic!  YMMV

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uniqua wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL.  Fevmlo, you do know that if you don't use that charge card, they are going to close it on you, right?

It's been a while since I had any GEMB cards, but I do recall that I don't think I ever received CLIs and I was a shop-a-holic!  YMMV

Yep, I do know that, and know I need to use the thing to stop that happening... I just haven't quite got around to it yet. (Not quite like a regular CC that I can just use to pay for my lunch with or something, this requires effort - bah!) I do have a $10 (I think) "rewards" voucher they sent me months ago, that expires on Dec 31st - so I guess it's time to drag myself to Gap to buy a sweater using that voucher and the Banana Republic card to make up the difference. Ooh, last of the big spenders, me! Smiley Surprised 

Message 8 of 15
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Fevmlo, you can use the card at both stores?

I remember having a Children's Place store card. Once my son grew out of the clothes, I stopped shopping there. If I knew then what I know now I would have kept using the card to buy items for my great nephews and great nieces and birthday gifts for the children of friends. I just let the card sit until they closed it on me. It's not due to fall off my CR for a few years so the age is definitely helping me out.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uniqua wrote:
Fevmlo, you can use the card at both stores?

I remember having a Children's Place store card. Once my son grew out of the clothes, I stopped shopping there. If I knew then what I know now I would have kept using the card to buy items for my great nephews and great nieces and birthday gifts for the children of friends. I just let the card sit until they closed it on me. It's not due to fall off my CR for a few years so the age is definitely helping me out.
Oh, duh, I probably can't use the gift card anywhere but Banana Republic (must check that - good catch!), but the store card itself can be used at Banana Republic, Gap & Old Navy. I opened it when I bought some stuff at Banana Republic and then took the printout they gave me with the account number on it down the street to Gap and bought a few more things for good measure! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.