Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB/CLI Approval descrepency?

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: GEMB/CLI Approval discrepancy?

i'm not clear how your explanation relates to your previous recomendation to request a cl once a month, which would probably be a fairly risky thing to do with any issuer... 

just out of curiosity, may i ask, why you would want 12 store cards? and how is it possible to have 2 separate care credit accounts?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB/CLI Approval descrepency?

If seems like I have offended with these posts.  If so, sorry!

With CareCredit, you can apply for an Individual account.  If they cannot approve you for the amount that you need (surgery occurred back in March), then they give you the option to apply with a Joint Individual and that will create a 2nd account.  That's how they do it.  I dont' agree with that philosophy, but that's just the way that it happened.  For right now, helps with utilization anyway.

Why do I have so many store cards?  I am establishing myself and continuing to do so quite well.  All cards will help with utilization and these are all cards that I would by no means use everyday.  I feel more secure that way.  There are people here that have far more than I do by all means.  GEMB has just been good to me and continues to do so.  On major purchases with 0% interest comes in quite handy.   

As far as all of the questioning on this, I won't respond any further on this.  Hopefully I have helped someone.  Again, sorry if I have offended some of you.

Best of luck!

Message 12 of 18
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB/CLI Approval discrepancy?

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that all of your are misunderstanding what I was saying.  Do correct anything that is wrong. 

Typicallybeen able to get a CLI.  However, with the others that are older than six (6) months, I have.  After the CLI is approved and accepted, then you know that you are not eligible for another with them for three (3) to four (4) months.  That means that you DO NOT need to even think of hitting the CLI button until then.

Now am I making sense?  This is all based upon my experience with GEMB.  I have the following with the

07/08 Meijer $500 CL -- No CLI yet -- January statement is six (6) months

I get it now, I thought you meant to hit the luv button every month no matter what. Gemb likes you apparently.

I really like the spell check option!

Message Edited by MsKiwi on 10-15-2008 10:14 AM
Message 13 of 18
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

I have 3 GEMB accts.

Discount tire: CL $1000 have had it since 04/2004

CareCredit: CL 2500 since 03/2008

HSN: CL 300 since 09/2008

I applied for CLI on CareCredit in May (denied- the card was maxed out, it was before I found myFico, now I would say, DUH!!! Don't do it! oh well)

Got $300 on HSN last month.  Gonna charge $80 a month for the next 4 months and pay $75 each month. (I bought something on flexpay lol)

I figured since I have had the Discount Tire card the longest I would apply for a CLI (current util at 50%, promo ends in Dec will PIF before then)  to help lower my util.  I only use that card in emergencies (I had to buy 2 new tires thanks to some wonderful nails....$750 nails, apparently)

The CLI was denied! I applied over the phone through the automated systems.  I just typed up a recon letter, but has anyone had better luck speaking to a live person??  I hate waiting, wishing and hoping that they got my letter, are actually gonna read it and care.

Message 14 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as all of the questioning on this, I won't respond any further on this.  Hopefully I have helped someone.  Again, sorry if I have offended some of you.

Thanks for your response, i simply did not follow the explanation, no offense meant or taken.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried yesterday and hit the love button on my Lowes account and got $50.00 Increase.  Turned down on

Walmart, that card is 1 week old so I expected that.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear the your CLI's for GEMB have not worked out.  As far as I know, and most here should be able to clarify, GEMB "DOES NOT" accept recons.  They will not do it for:  CLI's, Denclined, "unable to verify identity", etc.  They just simply refuse.  I tried whenever I first couldn't get Lowe's and Kirkland's.  Guess what they response was back in January whenever that happened?  "Thank you for your inquiry on the Lowe's / Kirkland's Consumer Credit Card.  Per your request, please complete the enclosed credit apply to apply.  We welcome the opportunity to process your application."  DDUUHHH....I threw those in the trash.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

Message 17 of 18
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

Applied for CLI on Care Credit and Discount Tire.  Sent recons for both, both still denied.

However, I was approved for a Lowes card with CL of $700 yesterday and got an HSN card in the last week of Sept for $300. 

I'm confused, had the discount tire card since 2004, never had a CLI.  Oh well, I'm happy for the Lowe's card...we can finally install a mantel!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.