Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB CLI timelines?

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

GEMB CLI timelines?

Ok--got a Sam's Discover in June 2009 and in December, I got a $1000 CLI ($5400 total). I'd like to hit the button, but I don't want to do it prematurely. In your collective experiences, what seems to be their CLI schedule--3, 4, 6, 12 months?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
ALP
New Contributor

Re: GEMB CLI timelines?

Every four statements!  Saying four months can cut it short and you can get denied for requesting a CLI too soon after you last...so best to try to time it about 2-5 days after every fourth statement cuts.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Clicked...FAIL

7-10 day letter will follow. Actually, that happened to me the last time then I got a letter saying it was an error. Meh.

Message 3 of 22
tray
Valued Contributor

Same thing happen to me the other day, I think GEMB is being very stingy nowadays with cli's I tried my walmart, and jcpenny.  These are the only 2 GEMB accounts that I have and will not waste my time with anymore accounts with this bank.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 22
moonman
Frequent Contributor

try after every fourth payment and then try because if you try it without making anykind of payment for four months, you will recieve a letter stating so. i receive cli's  like clockwork

after my fourth payment on all my gemb accounts.

Message 5 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@moonman wrote:

try after every fourth payment and then try because if you try it without making anykind of payment for four months, you will recieve a letter stating so. i receive cli's  like clockwork

So I should use the card every month, make a payment, then I'll see results?

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are still giving CLI's.  I just hit the button on my Walmart store card and got a $100 CLI.

Message 7 of 22
moonman
Frequent Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

@moonman wrote:

So I should use the card every month, make a payment, then I'll see results?

yes  after making payments for four consecutive months that is their standard for cli's,it might be small at times but i get cli's everytime.

Message 8 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@moonman wrote:

yes  after making payments for four consecutive months that is their standard for cli's,it might be small at times but i get cli's everytime.

I don't recall receiving the last CLI under those conditions, rather, they did hint there wasn't enough payment history in a letter. Really, I use the card sporadically and took it because it was a preapproval at the checkout. I'm done applying for cards and now I'm just trying to push the limits up.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pushed the button on my GEMB Chevron/Texaco card after 6 statements. Got a rejection letter and was like "what!" since I have a flawless credit history. BUT, when I got the letter, it was just saying they needed to verify income first. And that was easy, I called a number, told them my income (didn't have to fax or mail anything), and bam, from $2500 to $5000 effective instantly, no hard pull either.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.