Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB CLI timelines?

tag
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Re: GEMB CLI timelines?

I have  a Chevron card(cli last week) a Dillards card and a Walmart card(too which i just got a cli after my fourth payment ) and every one of them i get cli's after every fourth payment. as a matter of fact, i have not used my dillards card in over a year and  hit the luv button and still got a cli. i guess YMMV with them but this held true for me everytime and i have had these accounts for a few years now.

Message 11 of 22
konabill
Regular Contributor

OK, I just hit the "request an increase" button on my Walmart card ( 6 month old GEMB card) and received the following message:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but we cannot process a credit limit increase online for this account.

We are not able to process your request online at this time. Please contact customer service."          

Is this common? It does not appear to be a denial. Any ideas?

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 12 of 22
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

I just got a cli on my amazon store card from $1200 to $1450. Not a lot but I just opened the card in Nov.

I put about $600 thru it in that time and made 3 payments, but 4 statements have cut, if that helps.

Message 13 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

So I get my letter:

GE MONEY BANK has reviewed your request to increase the amount of credit or to make additional purchases on your Sam's Club DIscover account.

At this time, we are unable to approve your request due to insufficient experience at your current credit limit.

Blah blah blah.

This is sort of funny as I've had the card about 11 months and I've had my current credit limit since the beginning of December. I don't carry a balance and I use the card sporadically. Seems there is no hard and fast rule with GEMB.

Message 14 of 22
tray
Valued Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

So I get my letter:

GE MONEY BANK has reviewed your request to increase the amount of credit or to make additional purchases on your Sam's Club DIscover account.

At this time, we are unable to approve your request due to insufficient experience at your current credit limit.

Blah blah blah.

This is sort of funny as I've had the card about 11 months and I've had my current credit limit since the beginning of December. I don't carry a balance and I use the card sporadically. Seems there is no hard and fast rule with GEMB.

I recieved the same comment when a requested an increase on my walmart cc, I have had the card for 4 months now pay multiple payments every month, and spend alot of money in this store, what a phony comment from GEMB just say no cli at this time well all I can say now, my other credit cards will be getting more business

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my Walmart Discover in June 2008.  I got my first CLI in December 2008, then my next in August 2009 and my third in March 2010.  I've never been able to get a CLI at 4 months after the previous one, but 6-8 months usually works (for reasons unknown to me).

Message 16 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I guess I'll wait it out. 1 year will be in June so I may try then. I don't need it, but I think now I'm more interested in getting as many lines as I can to 10K or more.

Message 17 of 22
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

I have three GE cards, Walmart, Chevron Visa and Dilards. I get  regular increases every four months from Walmart and Dilards but I can't seem to get an increase from Chevron. I hit the luv button at 4 and 6 mos and always the response is not enough experience at the current amount. I hit the luv button again and they had the nerve to tell me that they denied it because of information on my cr stating BK. I'm confused because I had the BK when I was approved for all of their cards.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@favor4me2 wrote:

I have three GE cards, Walmart, Chevron Visa and Dilards. I get  regular increases every four months from Walmart and Dilards but I can't seem to get an increase from Chevron. I hit the luv button at 4 and 6 mos and always the response is not enough experience at the current amount. I hit the luv button again and they had the nerve to tell me that they denied it because of information on my cr stating BK. I'm confused because I had the BK when I was approved for all of their cards.

HI favor,

If I remember right, Chevron put up a BK comment on their website sometime in the last year or so - so their policy may have changed since you opened your card.  Good news is they're not making it retro-active!

My Dillards card also does CLI's at four months - I asked a month early and no-go.  Waited a month til the four months hit and got a nice CLI.  They did do a hard pull after the Feb 22 card law was enacted.

Message 19 of 22
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I just tried on my Gap Visa last night and it wouldn't go through.  I opened the acct in Jan 2010 and have used it every month for small purchases and PIF.  Just got my 4th statement so I thought it would work.  Looked back in my history and for some reason they don't show any transactions for my first month...hmmm.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.