Valued Contributor
MrShush

GEMB CLI timelines?

[ Edited ]

Ok--got a Sam's Discover in June 2009 and in December, I got a $1000 CLI ($5400 total). I'd like to hit the button, but I don't want to do it prematurely. In your collective experiences, what seems to be their CLI schedule--3, 4, 6, 12 months?

New Contributor
ALP

Re: GEMB CLI timelines?

Every four statements!  Saying four months can cut it short and you can get denied for requesting a CLI too soon after you last...so best to try to time it about 2-5 days after every fourth statement cuts.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
MrShush

Clicked...FAIL

7-10 day letter will follow. Actually, that happened to me the last time then I got a letter saying it was an error. Meh.

Valued Contributor
tray

Same thing happen to me the other day, I think GEMB is being very stingy nowadays with cli's I tried my walmart, and jcpenny.  These are the only 2 GEMB accounts that I have and will not waste my time with anymore accounts with this bank.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Frequent Contributor
moonman

try after every fourth payment and then try because if you try it without making anykind of payment for four months, you will recieve a letter stating so. i receive cli's  like clockwork

after my fourth payment on all my gemb accounts.

Valued Contributor
MrShush

moonman wrote:

try after every fourth payment and then try because if you try it without making anykind of payment for four months, you will recieve a letter stating so. i receive cli's  like clockwork

So I should use the card every month, make a payment, then I'll see results?

Regular Contributor
Peaches4524

They are still giving CLI's.  I just hit the button on my Walmart store card and got a $100 CLI.

11/15/11- TU FICO 707 EQ FICO 710 EXP FAKO 738 (USBANK)
12/12/11 - TU Fico 727 EQ FICO 710 EXP FAKO 739 (USBANK)
Goal Score - 750 by 12/31/2012
Frequent Contributor
moonman

MrShush wrote:

moonman wrote:

So I should use the card every month, make a payment, then I'll see results?

yes  after making payments for four consecutive months that is their standard for cli's,it might be small at times but i get cli's everytime.

Valued Contributor
MrShush

moonman wrote:

yes  after making payments for four consecutive months that is their standard for cli's,it might be small at times but i get cli's everytime.

I don't recall receiving the last CLI under those conditions, rather, they did hint there wasn't enough payment history in a letter. Really, I use the card sporadically and took it because it was a preapproval at the checkout. I'm done applying for cards and now I'm just trying to push the limits up.

Valued Member
Cryostasis

I pushed the button on my GEMB Chevron/Texaco card after 6 statements. Got a rejection letter and was like "what!" since I have a flawless credit history. BUT, when I got the letter, it was just saying they needed to verify income first. And that was easy, I called a number, told them my income (didn't have to fax or mail anything), and bam, from $2500 to $5000 effective instantly, no hard pull either.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}