Frequent Contributor
WBLAKE

GEMB Card Question

Good Morning and Happy New Year to All,

I was recently denied by Loews (GEMB).  Is it likely that I will be turned down if I apply for diffrent GEMB card.  Are the standards the same for all GEMB cards?

WBLAKE
TU 670
EQ 670
EX 617
JFCU $5,000
JFCU AUto Loan $11,000
Jet Blue Amex $2,000
BOA 3,500
Best Buy Store Card $2,200
Kay Jewlers $3,200
Established Contributor
bren39

Re: GEMB Card Question

WBLAKE wrote:
Good Morning and Happy New Year to All,

I was recently denied by Loews (GEMB).  Is it likely that I will be turned down if I apply for diffrent GEMB card.  Are the standards the same for all GEMB cards?

WBLAKE

Seems that way for me WBLAKE..I so far have only been able to get Walmart and Sams from Gemb..Have applied for JC,OldNavy,Dilliards and nothing...However there are some on here that seem to get more Gemb...I get the 24 hrs message if I just look at Gemb applications....

Happy New Years to you as well......
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Hi WB, and Happy New Year to you too!

IMO, GEMb has different departments handling different creditors.

I have a J.C.Penny card that I just love! In a little over a year, I've gone from a $300 cl to $1,500 today.

On the other hand I have a QVC card that I've had for only 2 months with $500 cl on it.

I had a Sam's credit card with them several years ago...made the horrible mistake of paying at a Sam's store.....the accounting dept, lost my payment which caused GEMb to not only close my account but also charged me $16.00 late fee AFTER I pif'd them....

This in turn led to that measley $16.00 being charged off, and it went on my cr. It was a fatal baddie until I talked to the debt recovery dept. there and they completely deleted the charge off from all my cr's.

Moral to the story...NEVER pay your cc bill at a store, and allow PLEANTY of time for them to receive your payment.

As far as your applying for different cards with them...the results 'could be' the same, depending on your FICO scores. I know that's not much help but the best I can offer.
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Senior Contributor
fishbjc

I have Lowes/Penney's/Dillards.  The CS for Lowes's isn't all that swift!!!!
Regular Contributor
jamesb40517

Anyone have a BACKDOOR number for QVC's Q-Card?  My application went into a HOLD/PENDING status for verification.  I need to contact them for ID verification as usual I am sure.
Established Contributor
Jesedmotherof5

I was denied on all applications for GEMB for the same reasons uti to high, and a baddie.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Established Contributor
Changingmantra

There is a glitch in GEMB's system re: verification and it is causing people to be declined for cards.  It happened to me re: Walmart... I had to call them.  Call 877-294-7880.  This is the number I called for Walmart, but you can use it for any GEMB application.  You want to speak to someone who pricesses applications.  When you call they will ask twice for your account number... after that you will be prompted to input your soc... when the system does not recognize your soc, you will get a rep.  Ask for someone in application processing... so you can do your application over the phone.  After 72 hours, they will not be able to retrieve your application, so I have been told.

Good Luck!
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}