cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!

Established Contributor

GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!

I went online and pressed the luv button on 3 of my GEMB accounts today.

 

Dillards storecard went from $180 to $300.

 

Paypal line of credit went from $300 to $425.

 

Walmart store card got denied any increase from $500.

 

The cli's were pretty small but its GEMB and so at least they didn't cut the lines! 



Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!

Congrats!
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!

ty.....at least I got some good news today.


Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 11
Moderator Emerita

Re: GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!

Conrats!!! It's a good day indeed.

 

How long have you had your Walmart card?

 


Bella1980 wrote:

I went online and pressed the luv button on 3 of my GEMB accounts today.

 

Dillards storecard went from $180 to $300.

 

Paypal line of credit went from $300 to $425.

 

Walmart store card got denied any increase from $500.

 

The cli's were pretty small but its GEMB and so at least they didn't cut the lines! 


 

-------------------------------------------


Friendly, Supportive & Respectful


Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources


"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Message 4 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!

Congrats

It seems to me wal mart wants either 4 months or 6 months of history before they approve a cli.

(depends on which csr i talk to)

Message 5 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!

GEMB Sucks. I have Lowes Project Card with $3500 limit(issued by GEMB), no balance at this time, they will not increase this limit for nothing. No baddies, scores in the mid 600s. Also have Jcpenney with zero balance, used twice in the last 6 months with $1800 limit they will not increase. They seem to be just like HSBC. I hate them.
Message 6 of 11
New Contributor

Re: GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!


cartercorp wrote:

Congrats

It seems to me wal mart wants either 4 months or 6 months of history before they approve a cli.

(depends on which csr i talk to)


 

I tried using the luv button on the walmartcreditcard.com web site earlier this month and was denied; the letter I got a week later stated that "we are unable to approve your request due to insufficient experience at your current credit limit."  It's $900 and I've had it since June, and I've been paying in full every month, so I don't know what they want (unless it's truly every six months, not four).

Starting Score: 677 EQ (1/21/09)/705 TU (1/21/09)/714 EXP (1/21/09)
Current Score: 707 EQ (9/21/10)/720 TU (3/27/10)/Darn you EXP
Goal Score: 720 on all three by end of 2010


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!

They are quirky....they pull a soft on EQ every time I ask. I only remember

one time they actually granted me an increase on my JCP, from $600 to $1800

when I bought some jewelry for my wife and had a $400 balance at the 90 day mark, used

the luv button. 

Message 8 of 11
Valued Contributor

Re: GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!


MarkRabo wrote:

cartercorp wrote:

Congrats

It seems to me wal mart wants either 4 months or 6 months of history before they approve a cli.

(depends on which csr i talk to)


 

I tried using the luv button on the walmartcreditcard.com web site earlier this month and was denied; the letter I got a week later stated that "we are unable to approve your request due to insufficient experience at your current credit limit."  It's $900 and I've had it since June, and I've been paying in full every month, so I don't know what they want (unless it's truly every six months, not four).

For walmart, it is 4 months. I thought you could just request one every 4 months, without using the card. Nope!

 

So, now I will make a small purchase and PIF once a month. I had the calendar marked for an increase this month if I had used the card. Pressed the button and got it. It's small increase as always, but so long as they see some use and payment history they will continue to increase you.

 

Message 9 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB Cli - Wow, sooo generous!

I bought some jeans at JCP 2 months ago, I haven't pushed the button yet. I have an 1800 limit with them I have been told this is good.
Message 10 of 11