Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB Customer Service

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

GEMB Customer Service

Well...I found out something VERY interesting today.  I called the Banana Republic number on the back of my card because I wanted to see when my close date was and interestingly enough I heard a dog barking as I'm talking to the woman.  I thought to myself, this is strange...why is there a dog barking? So I asked her, "Is that a dog barking?" and she says, "Yes it is." but that is all she said and continued to her answer of my question.  

I wonder if GEMB CS is outsourced so that people can work from home.  The woman was definitely from the U.S. because she had a southern accent, but I found it interesting that the call routed to her home (which I'm assuming is a work number GEMB sets up for her).  Has anyone ever heard of this? I found it very interesting...I mean it's a good way to save space costs at a building and other related overhead but it is kind of odd at the same time Smiley Happy

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: GEMB Customer Service

JetBlue handles reservations exactly that way - agents work from home.  IMHO it beats using personnel working from offshore!

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Wow. I never knew that. Maybe that's a way GEMB cuts costs and allows people to have decent CLs.

===========
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

Wow. I never knew that. Maybe that's a way GEMB cuts costs and allows people to have decent CLs.

Or not? Smiley Very Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 6
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Oh good point. Smiley Wink I guess some people do have trouble with CLIs/CLDs...My b Smiley Wink

===========
Message 5 of 6
Datx
Valued Contributor

I believe alot of companies are set up this way or did recently to cut down costs because of the economy and all. The software company Im currently working for did this, and allowed me to move to another city and still work for them. I do take calls from customers but its very minimal since im not in the first line of support.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.