cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB - Dillard's, JCPenney, HSN, Lane -- Are CLI's Possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB - Dillard's, JCPenney, HSN, Lane -- Are CLI's Possible?

GEMB - Dillards, JCPenney, HSN, Lane

Are CLI's Possible?

I have had my GEMB Dillard's ($150 CL), JCPenney ($150 CL), Home Shopping (HSN) ($200 CL), and Lane Home Furnishings ($2,000 CL) cards since January 2008.  I cannot seem to get a CLI to save my sole.  Any suggestions on that?  I have tried online and I have called Customer Service.  I have done both constantly every month and still get no increase in credit.  Whenever they opened the accounts they were based upon TU at the time.  That was my worst bureau.  It is now my best.  However, it seems that they are doing soft pulls on EQ for the CLI's.  HELP!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Susyflower
New Contributor

Re: GEMB - Dillard's, JCPenney, HSN, Lane -- Are CLI's Possible?

I just got a CLI on my JCPenny's CC last week.  I called into CS to get my correct balance and then asked the CSR if a CLI is a soft pull or a hard pull.  She told me it is a soft pull so I said well I'd like to see if I can get an increase.  She did a couple clicks on her keyboard and offered me an $1800 CL.  I opened the card in 2004 I believe at a $500 CL and never got an automatic CLI.  I never knew you could just ask for one until I found MyFico.  So I thought I would take the chance and ask and it happened.  Maybe it is a patience thing or how you ask for it or which CSR you get that day. I've found that nothing is consistent in the CC business.

7/29/2008: TU:708; EQ: 762; EX:741
Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You got all the accounts in Jan 08? That's not 6 months yet? Most credit cards require 6 month min. before first increase.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got approved for HSN card $300. I wonder when I should call to ask for cli. 6months?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are all to new for a CLI.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a CLI from GEMB on my Home Design card, a couple weeks after opening (actually, just a few days after I got the card in the mail and saw what the limit was).  $8100 to $9600.

That said, it was something of an odd case.  I got the card for the sole purpose of getting 36 months no interest "financing" on a computerized embroidery machine.  The machine and software pretty much maxed out the $8100 limit- as in 99.something% util!  I called GEMB and asked if they could give me a CLI, since having a maxed-out card looks horrible on the credit report.  No problem, she seemed to understand exactly what I was asking for.

Are you showing a lot of use on the cards- i.e., run it up, PIF, rinse & repeat?  I'd imagine that would help (though there's no sense in buying stuff you don't need just to try to get a CLI).  That's worked for me recently with getting a CLI on my Discover- I use it for pretty much everything (the 5% cash back on gas currently is particularly nice), and I told the guy that even though I PIF, it looks bad on the credit report because I'm using a good chunk of my limit before I PIF.

-MsMS
Message 6 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Sheesh....I had zero idea that I could ask for cli from Dillard's until I found this site.  Now I'm receiving them quarterly...$250 a pop.

I am thinking with GEMB....six months history & you're good to go for the cli's.
Message 7 of 11
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Not to forget that GEMB seems to also like 4 months of posting a statement balance before agreeing to a CLI.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 8 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Not to forget that GEMB seems to also like 4 months of posting a statement balance before agreeing to a CLI.

Agreed. However, GEMB auto-CLId me after about 3 weeks of having their card.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

I got a CLI on my Walmart card issued by GEMB in this January. Called a few weeks later for CLI gave them the big appliance purchase story but was turned down. After some searches here on this board, I requested a CLI after 4 months and got $100 - still not enough for the imaginary big appliance purchase...

I tried it with Paypal Buyer's Credit (also GEMB) but get the 7-10 days notice every time.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.