Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB: Fraud Alert??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB: Fraud Alert??

UpUpUp wrote:
Is something up with your credit reports? It makes me wonder after the big ordeal the jeweler put you through and now this? Sounds fishy...I'd check into that. Maybe call the credit bureaus, too.

Bella, I agree with UpUpUp.  I hate to say this.  I really do, but...I hope the effects of that major app spree aren't catching up with you. Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 24
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Yeah, I was thinking about that. There are 2 inquiries on my reports (recent) that I did not apply to. I really hope nothing shady is going on.

But it also may be that I just moved and so addresses are changing (my new accts have 2 different addresses with GEMB).

Also, CJ just reported but they have my name wrong and it looks like the CB updated my name incorrectly. Say my name is Nancy Smith-Jones. They now have Nancy Smith. (I contacted CJ to make sure that they report the correct name ages ago and they say that they can't...sooo frustrating).

I also sent the PP letter to 2 CA's that pulled my credit without my permission, they don't even have an acct of mine and I think they removed the inquiries so I don't know if that triggered anything because experian sent an updated report to all CA's.

All of this stuff is really starting to annoy me. I feel like its one step forward and two steps backward.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 24
Bella1980
Established Contributor

If its the major app spree coming home to roost then I would have learnt my lesson very firmly!

It would make me feel bad but at this point I just want to know what is going on. And it would be a lesson well learnt. I'd rather learn it know whilst I'm still rebuilding than when I have rebuilt.

I got way carried away and it seems as if I needed something to rein me in so to speak, haha. Even if GEMB closes the accts I think I still have enough to rebuild.

I really couldn't care less abt paypal, and I don't really buy much at Dillards.

Walmart would hurt me because I shop there all the time but it's not a kill me make me cry sorta pain.

But one thing I can tell you with certainty......this whole thing has killed my even thinking of apping right in the bud so as to not make my other cards feel anxious, haha.

Message 13 of 24
Bella1980
Established Contributor

ooh and I have a job interview on Monday as well so wish me luck. I'm hoping to get another job and will use ALL of the paycheck to pay off my one big C/O.

I also think when school starts back and I have less time on my hand I won't be sooo obsessed with seeing changes on truecredit. I

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i hope every goes ok Monday me an u both just need to chill out an let are new accounts age. We have to be patient.
Message 15 of 24
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Thanks and yes we do....I'm kinda scared!!   Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bella1980 wrote:
Thanks and yes we do....I'm kinda scared!!   Smiley Sad

Don't be i'm sure everything will be coo.

Message 17 of 24
Bella1980
Established Contributor

I hope so. I'll post as soon as I get off the phone with them haha.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bella1980 wrote:
I hope so. I'll post as soon as I get off the phone with them haha.

ok do that.
Message 19 of 24
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Hey guys....update......I just got off the phone with GEMB.

It was a fraud review...they wanted to make sure that I was the one who opened the 3 accounts and they asked me some of those Lexis Nexis questions.

One was about an old car I had (what year and make) and the other was about the county of an old address.

She said to wait 5 minutes and I should be able to log into my accts again because she just had to lift the fraud alert.

Phew.....I'm still comitted to no more apps for ages though...my heart can't take these things, haha.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.