Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB/ HH Gregg recently?

tag
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

GEMB/ HH Gregg recently?

Looking for a roster of people that have recentlly applied and received a 0% financing (CC) from HH Gregg.  If you have will you please share your limit, FICO, and any baddies?

I've already looked at www.whogavemecredit.com and there isnt a single post on there about HH Gregg. 

Thanks!Smiley Happy

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Re: GEMB/ HH Gregg recently?

Well even though no one else replied I went in to get our bed and put down some cash to keep from killing my utilization.

Asked for $1200 and got $1200 put down $600 so only $600 @ 0% interest so i can hold off on paying it until after our vacation. 

Just thought I'd share for future searchers.

Message 2 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I dont have the card but what is so special about this store and card?

Message 3 of 9
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

I only did it to get 0% financing since we already paid for our vacation so funds are short.  We needed the bed to replace the p.o.s. we bought in June/July.  The backpain was too much to wait.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing Brandon.

I didn't know HH Gregg sold beds.  I thought they were only electronics and appliances. 

I wonder if you would have gotten approved for a higher limit if you had pretended like you were going to buy more...

Message 5 of 9
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I don't know how recent you need, but I applied just over a year ago and asked for $2000 ( I think, don't quote me on that ).

I got a limit of $1400 with the 0% offer, but they allow you to charge up to some amount over, and I don't remember exactly how that works.  Anyway, they let me charge $1700 and I was told I would have to pay the additional $300 on the first month's statement, so be ready for that, but when I checked my statement, my limit was bumped up to like $1750. 

Some of those numbers may be approximate, but I am at work and can't remember my login info to double-check.

I believe my scores are in my sig, if they aren't I'll update this post.

Here's a tip.  If you're buying at HHGregg, HAGGLE.  They are the only major electronics/appliances store that still work off commission, and they will significantly drop the price.  Most of their crap is overpriced to begin with.  Be ready to walk away and come back another day, and you can get a hell of a deal. 

GL

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy  My long time friend has been working there for 5 years so of course I went to him.  He definitely gives me the best deals the computer will let him enter.  As said above I went ahead and only apped for $1200 and got $1200 and paid half of it with my check/debit rewards card so i wouldnt put too much stress on my overall utilization.

Message 7 of 9
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Smiley Wink
@BrandonSS wrote:

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy  My long time friend has been working there for 5 years so of course I went to him.  He definitely gives me the best deals the computer will let him enter.  As said above I went ahead and only apped for $1200 and got $1200 and paid half of it with my check/debit rewards card so i wouldnt put too much stress on my overall utilization.

That's probably smart, but I tend to ignore utilization if I don't need to use my credit for a while and it benefits me financially. 

Oh, one thing I should add, check your account online.  I applied for, and was approved for, 12 months at 0%.  However, when I checked my account online, I had 24 months 0%.  I took my $1400 and bought an 18 month CD

Also, I know you said you had a friend there, but in the future, HHGregg puts the invoice price of all their items on the bar code itself.  Just have your friend tell you their trick, lol.  So you can look at the bar code in front of a TV and find the six digit code, ex. you see something like 246598 2058158 (made up number), the price it costs HHGregg is $2465.98.  So you can use that in your haggling, and get them down to like $2700

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
mszuki1000
Contributor

Got declined by HH Gregg with a 673 Equifax........ Reason: Too Many Inquires within last 12 months Smiley Mad

Starting Score: 412
Current Score: 488
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.