Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB? How many cards

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

GEMB? How many cards

is their cutting off point?  We have several and recently app'd for appliances and got the 7 day message.  Not an instant denial, but still.  I wonder how many of their cards is *enough*?

I didn't *really* need the card, I have the cash...but 0% financing for 12 months is difficult to pass up!! 

Smiley Very Happy

We have Care Credit, Wal-Mart, JC Penney, and Dillard's.  All with perfect payments & low util.

Message Edited by fishbjc on 06-03-2008 08:05 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB? How many cards

i dont think they have a cut off - was just going back over my approval notices(i take snapshots of everything) and was approved for like 4 accounts in addition to the 3 I already had.
Message 2 of 4
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I have been thinking of adding a store card to the mix. There is a Dillard's near me, so that seems like an idea. But when I go to the website, they say I will first be considered for the Dillard's Amex, then if not approved will get the Dillard's store card.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of store card?

I just got my Amex Gold, and I belong to Costco. I got a preapproval letter for the True Rewards but it expired in April and I never went for that. I've been buying stuff at Costco with the Gold card to see if that will trigger another preapproval. I'd rather have the Costco Amex than the Dillard's. I don't want to be too Amex heavy.

Thoughts anyone?

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 3 of 4
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

I strongly suggest you give them a call.  Often, the notice happens because of an identity verification problem.  I do not know if there is a GEMB limit.  I got approved for 6 cards in two weeks.  Had to call over several of them after getting the 7-10 day notice from Walmart.. then the decline for identity verification problems.  In each case, I had to answer some security questions by phone.  Call and say you want to speak to someone in applications and or fraud dept. 

Good Luck
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.