Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB LUV prematurely?--Screw up?

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

GEMB LUV prematurely?--Screw up?

I clicked the CLI on my amazon card today, 500/1200 utilization, they requested income I entered denied, my fourth statement cut, 4th statement bill not yet paid...did I press to soon? If so will it affect me getting me a increase in the near future?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB LUV prematurely?--Screw up?

Hmm. As far as timing, I don't think so.  I tried a CLI on my GEMB Dillard's one month early, got denied, tried the next month, got double my former CLI's.  So if this GEMB card behaves the same way, you'll be fine.

Any way to get that utilization to report lower?  It might not matter - I would have it below 30% or so before asking for a CLI.  Other posters might give you some insight on that one.

Message 2 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

I think you're ok, I actually clicked a few weeks early once = denied and then again after the 4th statement and got a cli.

After four statements a card holder is generally eligible to request a cli, don't think you were early but the lower the balance, the better IMO. 

Last week I clicked the day before the 4th statement and was surprised to see a cli offered.  Bal = 0. 

This card or any store card really would not be a good candidate for carrying a balance, the rate on my Amazon Store card is something like 25.99. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience is you have to wait until after you make the 4th payment, not the 4fh statement. I clicked after the 4th statement and was denied. Made a payment and then even with high utilization was approved for the CLI.

Keez

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much does Amazon usually award on CLIs? I'm a new cardholder.

Message 5 of 8
MMart078
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How much does Amazon usually award on CLIs? I'm a new cardholder.

I was given 1200 with 5 months of credit history

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if you push on activiation?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably decline you

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.