Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB Luv Button Success: Amazon & Paypal SC

tag
ficofox
Regular Contributor

GEMB Luv Button Success: Amazon & Paypal SC

I have had both the Amazon Store card and Paypal Smart Connect accounts since 2/24/11 and have just received my 3rd statement from each. I decided to try the Luv buttons for each card and received increases on both:

Amazon $600 increase to ------>$1,000

Paypal SC $400 increase to---->$500

Not sure if the CLI's would have been more generous if I had waited for the full 4 statements or if I waited for them to initiate an auto CLI. I don't use them very often (about 10% of the limits each month) and PIF. Paypal account is now my only card under a $1,000 limit (my highest limit is $5,000).

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB Luv Button Success: Amazon & Paypal SC

I've had my PayPal Smart Connect  (500CL to start) for 6 months 5 days now.

I have not used it heavily, but have used it a decent amount, PIF every month yadda yadda yadda.....

So on the day of my 6th months with them I called the automated system and requested a CLI, I asked for a total of 1000CL (500CLI) was counteroffered 620, It asked me if I would accept, I said no. Hung up the phone. I got to looking at my account more closely and realized it was actually 1 day before my 6 month anniversary, so I thought maybe that's why the counteroffer, I waited 3 more days and called again.

This time when it asked what I wanted for a total CL, I said 2000 (1500CLI)  I figured the higher I go the higher the counteroffer might be, WRONG!!! The automated system said the same thing, sorry "you will receive a letter in 7-10 days, but we can counter offer your request and give you a total CL of 620, will you accept?" I said uh yes, so 120CLI, WOW, the smallest CLI ever in mankind (that's me being sarcastic).

No hard pulls and I already know what the letter will say, I've asked for a CLI in the past and received a letter saying "You do not have enough experience at this time with this CL" or something along those lines.

The only reason I said yes to the 120CLI is because, uhm I really don't know why I said yes.

The End.

However, Congrats on your CLI's!!!!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB Luv Button Success: Amazon & Paypal SC

24% increase in total credit line?  sounds fairly reasonable.  And what would be the point of declining a credit line increase offer?

GEMB seems to put people in buckets.. some they love and will give ridiculous CLIs too, while some struggle for a toekn CLIE ever 3 months (I'm one of those people.. think I started at $600, and have never gotten more than $200 CLI at a time, and I am at $1650 now)... But I have seen tons of people have the opposite experience (i.e. starting CL $300, CLI to $1000, CLIE to $5k, etc)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.